[Boost Mobile] Rooting ZTE Warp with B08 (not B01) frimware

Last Updated:

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

I just got my ZTE Warp, and so far I love it. But from my research about rooting it, I was reading some can't root it with B08 and some have bricked with B08 firmware.
    When I got my phone last night I did the normal install apps I had backed up on the sd card, did all the app updates, arranged my screens as I want them etc...etc...etc, and found there was a phone firmware update, went from B01 to B08. After doing this update I decided to go look around about rooting this phone and of corse came to my all time favorite site, here, and as always they had a "how to" rooting for the ZTE Warp.
    I have Downloaded all the required files, 2 that I know of......the onclickroot file and the usb drivers, so I have these saved on my sd card.

All this leads to my question.
    From what I have read, is it true about the bricking and rooting problems with latest B08 firmware update? I am asking this because I really don't have another $199 to plop down on another phone. I'm not afraid of rooting, I have rooted a Samsung Moment from Sprint, and a Samsung Galaxy Prevail, both successfully and was happy with them, but I also did not read about issues with the newer firmware update on either of those phone.

I also wanted to ask about un-rooting, I read you remove su from said folder, and su apk or something, then do a phone factory reset. Is it that simple?

2. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Well-Known Member

Some people cant pour piss out of a boot with the directions written on the heel. There is no problem rooting at b08 at all unless you are one of those people. With that said if you are afraid to try it then dont.
  3. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

LOL, this is so true.
    I've been reading the posts in the "rooting ZTE Warp" section and it seems as though most everyone there rooted fine, except for the select few who run the bat file and can't seem to get root, but from what I gather they still booted fine, just no root, so I am taking the plunge
  4. sb43

sb43 Well-Known Member

I have followed your tutorials and videos to the letter, and still no success. Please. Help. What the heck is wrong with this phone? I've rooted others with no problem
  5. cartersball

cartersball Well-Known Member

Click on the link below and follow the instructions. Some of the original root methods no longer work after certain updates. This one is simple and fail safe pretty much, and written by one of the most knowledgeable posters in the Warp forums.

http://androidforums.com/showthread...Rooting made simple - Boost Mobile Warp Only!
  6. sb43

sb43 Well-Known Member

I got it!!! Now I'm flashing roms, and installing new kernels! Yea! Thanks Cartersball
  7. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

Thats good. :thumbup:

There was also another option to root ... MrBobo's rom and my rom both are set up to install from stock recovery and root your phone upon flashing the rom.