• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Shinjitsu Rom 1.5.2.4 OTA Available(Discontinued)

Which battery icon do you like better?

• 1.5b Battery Icon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 1.5.1c Battery Icon

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive noticed when using the stock keyboard in the browser you get a slight lag, might have to add a diff. keyboard, any one in particular you guys want stock?

I like multiling keyboard myself. That being said a bug report for gps/location settings: cant select either in the location settings...well i can but as soon as i back out they both uncheck...wifi and gps....

Upvote 0
I like the looks of this rom.
I am fairly new to the rom thing, but I am curious and had a couple of questions.
1: I was looking at the stuff in the rom, the tweaks, and saw "V6 supercharger" in the list, I am guessing that is an overclock??
I have heard that overclocking the cpu can drain the battery faster than if you didn't overclock, is this a fact or just a rumor?

2: Overclocking the cpu, can it also cause heat issues?

V6 supercharger is a memory managment script. Currently there is no working overclock for this phone, for now..... once i get in contact with ZTE about the kernel source we might get an overclock option of up to 1.4Ghz

As far as heat issues, anytime you up voltage or fsb speeds your going to see an increase in temp. Could be slight or it could be drastic

Upvote 0
Ive noticed when using the stock keyboard in the browser you get a slight lag, might have to add a diff. keyboard, any one in particular you guys want stock?

EDIT: as far as the gps i havent had an issue with it getting stuck on. I have tested it all day, maps closed on me a few times unexpectadly but is working fine now.

Keep posting bugs and i will try to get them sorted out for the second release

I cant select anyhing in the options because as soon as i back out of options it reverts back to stock settings...keyboard, gps etc...everything but wifi...im gonna try fix permissions then reboot and see if that helps...

Upvote 0
I like multiling keyboard myself. That being said a bug report for gps/location settings: cant select either in the location settings...well i can but as soon as i back out they both uncheck...wifi and gps....

Did you do a factory reset? And wipe the cache and dalvik? I havent had any of these issues. Another thing i have noticed is i dont think our version of CWM is wiping the dalvik-cache like its supposed to. Try using

adb shell
su
stop
remount rw
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
reboot

It will take it a while to boot as it properly rebuilds the dalvik-cache. Make sure you have a backup just in case

Upvote 0
Are you able to set it to have an option for a power mode and a battery saving mode? While I prefer power because I don't have a problem with battery I don't want that to be the main option because others like battery conservation more than power obviously, so why not create an option for the 2?

That would have to be done from within the kernel. Once we have the proper source i can adjust the speeds for better battery life

Upvote 0
Did you do a factory reset? And wipe the cache and dalvik? I havent had any of these issues. Another thing i have noticed is i dont think our version of CWM is wiping the dalvik-cache like its supposed to. Try using

adb shell
su
stop
remount rw
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
reboot

It will take it a while to boot as it properly rebuilds the dalvik-cache. Make sure you have a backup just in case

Yep i wiped everything twice incl. Dalvik and cache before flashing. I did fix the issue though, i fixed peemissions with rom manager (the only thing i use it for on the warp) and then rebooted and now it all works fine so im not positive if its the fix permissions or reboot that did it but ill report if it comes up again. Fyi i am using launcher pro instead of go launcher.

Edit: yes i agree, could have been something left over in the Dalvik...

And stock KB isnt laggy at all for me...

Reactions: Bocephus87
Upvote 0
You will also notice an increase in battery life after installing this rom as it has half the system service of stock

EDIT: Version 1.1 shouldnt require any kind of data wipe. And the script clears the dalvik-cache during install. Im still working on it though

The warp community has been waiting for a good rom and this one is full of potential. Yeah its not cm7 or even fully aosp. BUT its a fast, clean rom and i like the beta release so after the next release u should give us the option to donate, ill buy you lunch lol.

Upvote 0
Ive noticed when using the stock keyboard in the browser you get a slight lag, might have to add a diff. keyboard, any one in particular you guys want as stock

Keep posting bugs and i will try to get them sorted out for the second release

Well swiftkey x keyboard. Or smart keyboard pro with galaxy theme(this one is a Lil laggy tho)

Reactions: prmax
Upvote 0
Ive minimized it even more managed to get running proccess' down between 93-103mb of memory usage. Also i finished the update script and flashed successfully. I will be changing the launcher to the aosp GB launcher. More lightweight, the current launcher will be made into an optional flash file.

EDIT: Let me know if i should replace the launcher or not

Upvote 0
Ive minimized it even more managed to get running proccess' down between 93-103mb of memory usage. Also i finished the update script and flashed successfully. I will be changing the launcher to the aosp GB launcher. More lightweight, the current launcher will be made into an optional flash file.

I like the idea of the aosp gb launcher. Def a great idea imho.

Upvote 0
As far as the md5 sum error delete the space in the folder name. The rest of the errors im sure has to deal with the clearing of the dalvik-cache so before you install this

adb shell
su
stop
remount rw
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
reboot recovery

As i said before i think there may be errors with the way CWM is deleting the dalvik, if it even does

Upvote 0
You have to give more info on what your error is. Just saying i have an error wont get you any help hommie...

lol, i've seen it before when your phone comes back on from a reboot with wifi enabled, it will literally say error under Wifi. Does this mean there is an issue? well i was running stock and restored from a nandroid. forgot to clear data, and im pretty sure thats the issue here as well

Upvote 0

I am not a fan of golauncher, my favorite is adw but I had a lot of issues with that on the stock rom and now I use ics launcher, works good and looks good

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones