• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Shinjitsu Rom 1.5.2.4 OTA Available(Discontinued)

Which battery icon do you like better?

• 1.5b Battery Icon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 1.5.1c Battery Icon

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive minimized it even more managed to get running proccess' down between 93-103mb of memory usage. Also i finished the update script and flashed successfully. I will be changing the launcher to the aosp GB launcher. More lightweight, the current launcher will be made into an optional flash file.

EDIT: Let me know if i should replace the launcher or not

You should put the oasp gb launcher.

Upvote 0
As far as the md5 sum error delete the space in the folder name. The rest of the errors im sure has to deal with the clearing of the dalvik-cache so before you install this

adb shell
su
stop
remount rw
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
reboot recovery

As i said before i think there may be errors with the way CWM is deleting the dalvik, if it even does
so your saying do away with the space between shinjitsu and rom,then what ? go in terminal emulator and type adb shell ect....please someone explain

Upvote 0
shinru I must ask you, where is the crt animation located, in framework-res or SystemUI because I want to use a different theme

the crt animation is stored in services.jar. and for all of you wanting to make a new theme for the rom

As for the force closing after a new theme is applied, the new theme your flashing has to be deodexed, and it also has to be the exact same framework-res.apk that came out of this rom. because of the extended power menu. otherwise it will FC. the extended power menu uses framework-res.apk, framework.jar, and android-policy.jar

Later i will post a stock deodexed framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk that are compatible with this rom

Reactions: Snake X
Upvote 0
Is it posted? What exactlydo i need to do?

I will be sending PM's to the 4 beta testers with a link to download the rom. i will be starting the upload as soon as i test it on my phone, to be sure it clears all the data needed. Especially the dalvik-cache :p

So be sure to watch for a PM in 30min - 1hour

Edit: just flashed and the script works perfect! rebooting and will start upload shortly the rom is way smaller then the original nandroid at around 130 mb

Edit 2: seems i was able to get the core process' down to only 73mb of ram usage. now once you install your own apps and start some of the google apps this will increase to around 103mb but it should still run fine

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones