• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Should i make a triumphant return here and blow everyone away ???

Bring it Big Daddy DM!!

ALRIGHT y'all got me

here is the audio fox for aosp jellybean, i know it fixes bluetooth audio as well.

this also contains the apns for boost on aosp... i need testers to test sending and receiving picture msgs using these apns.

after flash. go to voice dialer. say APNS it will open apns, you should see boost mobile. click the menu buttom, and restore default.

mms should now work

DOWNLOAD https://www.mediafire.com/?8jlw29c3lnqeshl

Upvote 0
ALRIGHT y'all got me

here is the audio fox for aosp jellybean, i know it fixes bluetooth audio as well.

this also contains the apns for boost on aosp... i need testers to test sending and receiving picture msgs using these apns.

after flash. go to voice dialer. say APNS it will open apns, you should see boost mobile. click the menu buttom, and restore default.

mms should now work

DOWNLOAD https://www.mediafire.com/?8jlw29c3lnqeshl

I give my compliments, sir, on your choice of name :D

Upvote 0
OK I'm game...still got my little buddy (Warp). What Rom should I be running to test this?

EDIT: (Update) OK I flashed AOKP Jellybean then let it set in for a while. Next, I reboot to recovery and flashed the audio fix, restarted my phone and followed your instructions. When APNS opened up there was nothing on the list but I proceeded with pressing the menu button and reset to defaults. When it did then Boost Mobile showed up. I assumed it worked so I tested the bluetooth audio. Worked like a charm! Next I sent a picture text to my wife and she got it. So I'm gonna call this a success. Now about that mic issue...lol

Update 2: Sending and receiving mms like a champ with stock and I also tried with latest version of GO SMS (my preferred mms app). Keeping this ROM for a while to see how it goes. You dun good, DM. :)

Upvote 0
OK I'm game...still got my little buddy (Warp). What Rom should I be running to test this?

EDIT: (Update) OK I flashed AOKP Jellybean then let it set in for a while. Next, I reboot to recovery and flashed the audio fix, restarted my phone and followed your instructions. When APNS opened up there was nothing on the list but I proceeded with pressing the menu button and reset to defaults. When it did then Boost Mobile showed up. I assumed it worked so I tested the bluetooth audio. Worked like a charm! Next I sent a picture text to my wife and she got it. So I'm gonna call this a success. Now about that mic issue...lol

Update 2: Sending and receiving mms like a champ with stock and I also tried with latest version of GO SMS (my preferred mms app). Keeping this ROM for a while to see how it goes. You dun good, DM. :)

The mic issue is long since fixed, i thought we released it ?

Upvote 0
I'll have to agree... I can almost hear my footsteps echoing in here.

The Warp was an awesome little device in its day, but alas other inexpensive workhorses have come on the scene and folks will soon only have legends and campfire stories of the Warp to tell one-another, handed down orally through the years to come.

Or they can just look on eBay.

Reactions: thowersome
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones