[Boost Mobile] SimpleROM 1.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2012-12-30 20:30:44
  1. cyberone3

cyberone3 Well-Known Member

i see .08 wifi was broken is it fixed in the later roms?

Advertisement
  2. PattF

PattF Guest

Yeah, I (foolishly) tried out one of those 3G booster scripts and it caused all sorts of problems. It was quickly fixed.
    cyberone3 likes this.
  3. cyberone3

I'm having one problem with 1.0 when my phone goes to sleep i think ten minutes or more i can't get it wake up. is there a wake lock patch or something i need?
  4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Check the unitology OP theres a flashable zip thatll fix that
  5. cyberone3

way ahead of you i figured that what it was and have just flashed it
    so that should be good

have you had any issue with WiFi not turning off

its not a simplerom issue per say but sometimes on any ROM i seem to be after a while the WiFi will just turn back up with in seconds of turning it off.
    mind you i have power control widget on home screen with WiFi on/off but even if i remove that it still seems to happen

as always thanks for the help
  6. StarScream2109

Yeah it a check mark sticky problem as to why it happens is beyond me XD still working on that problem in my ROM hoping to have a fix soon once i find out i will share with the other devs who have this problem :D
    cyberone3 likes this.
  7. PattF

PattF Guest

Very interesting, I've not come across either of those problems at all yet. I'll integrate that fix as soon as I get home as well as start looking into the other.
  8. PattF

PattF Guest

I integrated the fix and removed a script that was slowing the ROM down. Next up, figure out why the browser doesn't download zip files for me and look into the wifi issue.
  9. mrbigv770

mrbigv770 Well-Known Member

I'm getting a wifi error message now with 1.1
  10. PattF

PattF Guest

To be honest, i don't have time to look at this atm. I wont be around until at least monday, so my advice is another ROM. Sry man.
  11. StarScream2109

You can try mine but make sure to flash the B08 kernel and everything might work
  12. PattF

PattF Guest

13. mrbigv770

it's cool...I went back to 1.0.
    Haven't had any probs with that one.
  14. PattF

PattF Guest

I'm glad that's working for you. Its hard to fix problems I'm not having.
  15. mrbigv770

So ur wifi is working fine?
  16. PattF

PattF Guest

Not with 0.1.1, I'm back on 0.1.0 too. What I meant was that I added the faulty kernel without testing it because I don't have the issue it was suppose to fix. I had to go with what they were saying and cyberone3 didn't report any problems.
  17. mrbigv770

oh ok...gotcha
  18. cyberone3

Sorry i had edited my post and put that i was having the same wifi error issue also i didnt report it since it happends after i ran the wakefix before that it was working
  19. PattF

PattF Guest

New update again, back to being stable. Finally. Check the second post for more info.
  20. PattF

PattF Guest

Also, I'm trying out a few fixes for the screen/wifi issues in this one. I need testers since I've never gotten them.
    atlharp likes this.
  21. atlharp

atlharp Well-Known Member

I can test if you want. I am a regular with Launcher Pro. Thanks......
  22. atlharp

So far, so good.

I loaded the ROM. I reforttted my SD card for good measure before I did it. Full Wipe (Factory, Cache, Dalvik). ROM loaded without a hitch. I had to pull the battery after fixing permissions due to lockup on the boot screen. After the pull it booted up without a hitch. I uninstalled the Amazon App Market. Downloaded Camera ICS+ and Gallery ICS. I froze the Gallery, Email apk, and Camera. I also increased the SD value up to 2048kb (I would recommend doing this with future releases, it really makes the ROM perform better).

Overall, a damn solid release. Love the Wifi and Signal Bar icons. Wifi seems to be working ok, and I have no real issues with anything to report thus far. I will run for the next 48 hours and see if it holds up as a daily driver.

Thanks again
  23. PattF

PattF Guest

You dont need to fix permissions, that's for people who don't know how to properly set them in their Rom to begin with. Lol also, I've already set the sd card even more aggressively(3072) than that. But thanks man.

I only have amazon because that's what i use, it isn't as fussy about roms as Google's store. That's also why i enabled unknown sources by default.
  24. atlharp

Cool. I fixed them anyway. When I pulled up Rom Toolbox it had the SD values set at 128kb. It might be something with RT who knows.....
  25. PattF

PattF Guest

Ah, I'll take a look at it then. My script for it must be broken. Thanks for the heads up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.