[Boost Mobile] Throttle

Last Updated:

1. ggiddix

ggiddix Well-Known Member

Anyone have throttle removal?

2. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

I would like any info on this matter as well...when I tether my speed is about 1.5 to 2 mbits/s and when I check directly from my phone I get .5 mbits/s...
  3. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

I believe throttling was just a couple lines pattf found in services.jar
  4. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

5. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

That's looks like a flashable throttle fix for b08c to me...now to do the same for my build....
  6. PattF

PattF Guest

LilBit likes this.
  7. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

FYI, we have no evidence that this removes the SERVER side throttling that boost imposes, I haven't been able to see anything conclusive to show this making any improvement.
    LilBit likes this.
  8. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah...but it also hasn't appeared to have a negative impact either and it removes a couple of useless lines of code in addition to reducing the size of any given rom even if only by a couple KB.
  9. HiiiPowers

HiiiPowers Well-Known Member

I'm running it and so far my 3g is solid,before i would get sudden burts of speed it was either extremely fast or extremely slow nd sometimes my messages wouldn't send or say sent but people never recived them now its solid and messages send instantly
    .....just a few things i noticed
  10. PattF

PattF Guest

I was more concerned with disabling an unneeded service from running in the background than saving space. You're right though, it was just a few smali files edited/removed.
  11. HiiiPowers

HiiiPowers Well-Known Member

Yeah that's probably why i have So much battery left this and zram work awesome thank you