• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [TOOL] ABSM 0.80 released

I'm just wondering what kind of modding you're doing to the ROM that's making it that hard for the Kitchen to work with! Geez, dude... :)

Nothing crazy really. All the crazy stuff has been done to the APKs in VST or with apkchanger and notepad++ (ps I'm really missing notepad- all we have is GVim and whoever made it was a convoluted thinker lol)

Anyhow- I have started having issues with ABSM again. It's working, but it's offsetting my images and flipping them the wrong way :( So for example- I have kept dizzle's boot.img "bad apple kernel", but modified it, so I am using his splashes but changed the colors in gimp. When I run these guys through ABSM, it is no longer centered but over to the right a little bit and the apple is facing the wrong direction.

Upvote 0
FML. I got this booting, but now when it goes to setup wizard initially and asks you to touch the android, it doesn't do anything. Why do I need to arbitrarily touch the android, can't I just get to business and put in my info? Stupid. I think I may just leave setupwizard out of this. As far as I can tell all it does is interface to accounts and sync, then sits in memory forever. If people have gotten as far as rooting, and can't figure out how to setup an account without a wizard, there is no hope for them.

And why the hell is all this splash.img and logo.bmp business so finicky? I've tried multiple methods verbatim and they all get me garbled up sh*t on boot. Stupid animation logo too. They are all pretty lame. These people will get a stock boost logo. No pretending we are on a nexus or htc, or on some other network/phone.

vent/rant over.

Touch the android to begin... pfft = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

Upvote 0
Nothing crazy really. All the crazy stuff has been done to the APKs in VST or with apkchanger and notepad++ (ps I'm really missing notepad- all we have is GVim and whoever made it was a convoluted thinker lol)

Anyhow- I have started having issues with ABSM again. It's working, but it's offsetting my images and flipping them the wrong way :( So for example- I have kept dizzle's boot.img "bad apple kernel", but modified it, so I am using his splashes but changed the colors in gimp. When I run these guys through ABSM, it is no longer centered but over to the right a little bit and the apple is facing the wrong direction.
Maybe this will help:
Linux editor similar to Notepad++ ?

I made ABSM as a kind of "finishing step" to images I had already edited in MSPaint, before I discovered Paint.NET. I'm not sure how it would handle images made in a different program because, although the BMP format is pretty well an established standard, some manufacturers seem to handle it slightly differently when you look at it at the byte level. But if you're having trouble, you can always link me the files if you'd like and I can run them through ABSM on my Windows (or DOS) machine and send them back to you.

FML. I got this booting, but now when it goes to setup wizard initially and asks you to touch the android, it doesn't do anything. Why do I need to arbitrarily touch the android, can't I just get to business and put in my info? Stupid. I think I may just leave setupwizard out of this. As far as I can tell all it does is interface to accounts and sync, then sits in memory forever. If people have gotten as far as rooting, and can't figure out how to setup an account without a wizard, there is no hope for them.

And why the hell is all this splash.img and logo.bmp business so finicky? I've tried multiple methods verbatim and they all get me garbled up sh*t on boot. Stupid animation logo too. They are all pretty lame. These people will get a stock boost logo. No pretending we are on a nexus or htc, or on some other network/phone.

vent/rant over.

Touch the android to begin... pfft = Ha GAY!!! - YouTube
I hear you! It's unnecessarily complex. The Setup Wizard I used in Warp OEM doesn't have that "touch the Android to begin" step, if I remember correctly. Feel free to use it, if you'd like :)

Upvote 0
Honestly I don't remember what was the side effect....let me try it I'll get back to you in two shakes of a lambs trail...

Ok so I removed the apk from my Rom and installed it and now I remember...it renders the home button useless and removes sound option and airplane mode out of the power menu leaving it with only power off(much like when you press the power button while in the setup)... other then that it doesn't cause any force closes but still.... need the home button....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones