• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

wetbiker7

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2011
So-Cal
UPDATED- 07/25/2014

BEFORE FLASHING ANY OF THE ROMS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE READ THE OP IN ORIGINAL ROM THREAD AND ALL THE INFORMATION THAT FOLLOWS CONCERNING THE ROM. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS THAT YOU DO THIS!!!

Thanks,
Wetbiker7

Here is a list of the Sprint & Boost ROMs that will work on the Boost Galaxy S3. :D

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BEGINNING!

Please keep in mind that you will probably need to do the MMS fix after flashing the 1st Sprint ROM. After that, MMS fix seems to stick when flashing other ROMs.

Also, the MMS fix is not guaranteed to stick. You may need to do it again so be prepared.

1st- Before changing any ROM, ALWAYS do the following:

PHILZ RECOVERY

Note: The Clean To Install New ROM option in the Factory Reset of Philz wipes all Caches. I have the Cache and Dalvik Cache listed below because that's the way I do it. I do it old school and an extra wipe never hurt anything. For those who choose JUST the Factory Reset without Clean To Install New ROM, Cache and Dalvik Cache wipes are mandatory!

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET- CHOOSE CLEAN TO INSTALL A NEW ROM
2) WIPE CACHE (optional if Clean To Install New ROM is chosen)
3) WIPE DALVIK (optional if Clean To Install New ROM is chosen)
4) FLASH ROM ...... IF FLASHING AOSP BASED ROM, FLASH GAPPS TOO.
5) PROFIT!

TWRP/CWM RECOVERIES

1) FACTORY RESET
2) WIPE CACHE
3) WIPE DALVIK
4) REBOOT RECOVERY
5) FLASH ROM...... IF FLASHING AOSP BASED ROM, FLASH GAPPS TOO.
6) FIX PERMISSIONS (Optional) I usually don't but other members swear by it. Your choice
7) PROFIT!!

AFTER FLASHING ANY ROM, ALWAYS DO A PROFILE UPDATE IF POSSIBLE! THIS WILL RESTORE DATA!!

The 1st flash of a Sprint ROM usually requires the MMS fix. You will need your MSL in order to do this. The best way to get it is to contact Boost and ask them for your MSL. I have never had any trouble getting it from them so don't sweat it.

With the MMS fix, all you need to do is enter the info manually. DO NOT USE THE ZIP AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD!

MMS FIX- http://androidforums.com/5537792-post1.html

WARNING!! AS WITH ALL MODS YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE, BRICKING IS ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY. PROCEED WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE. I NOR ANY DEVELOPER HERE WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DURING THE MODIFICATION OF YOUR DEVICE.

KNOWN WORKING SPRINT/BOOST ROMS FOR THE BOOST S3

JUST A LITTLE FRIENDLY REMINDER TO READ ALL INFORMATION IN THE ORIGINAL ROM THREAD BEFORE FLASHING ANY OF THESE ROMs. :)

SPRINT!! [STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM (ROOTED)

[STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM - xda-developers

YOU WILL NEED TO BE RUNNING THE NEW 4.4.2 BOOTLOADER TO RUN THESE ROMS.

BOOST/VM!! [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...exed-deodexed-virgin-mobile-boost-mobile.html

[ROM][ND8][4.4.2] Wicked X-

[ROM][ND8][4.4.2] Wicked X v6.0 [5/13/14] - xda-developers

[ROM][ND8] [4.4.2] Tribute-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53054089

[ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity-

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...-rom-tw-4-4-2-conquest-singularity-1-4-a.html

Wicked Sensations- [ROM][MD4][TW] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom™ v5.0 ✭myHUB✭Themes✭Awesomeness✭[TEAM WICKED] - xda-developers

READ ME!!

Originally posted by Wicked Sensations ROM Developer- dazednconfused
New myHUB Updater (WITH MODIFIED MK3 BUILD PROP) - This will delete the Kuban Updater and install the new myHUB updater for the rom. This will also flash the modified build.prop to stop the annoying MK3 update notification. Just download and flash in recovery, no wipes needed.

MyHub/ MK3 build.prop fix. (stops update notification)
http://cnexus.co/downloads/files/dazed/test/Wicked_MyHub_4.1.2.zip

NOTE- I am running Wicked Sensations and originally flash the modified MK3 build.prop fix to stop the nagging update. I then flash the MyHUb zip a few days later. It ran well for a few minutes but then started force closing continuously. I would click the FC pop-up and the MyHub app would start back up and FC again. The only way I could stop this was to freeze it or delete it with Titanium.

THE NEW ZIP WHICH CONTAINS BOTH THE MYHUB APP AND BUILD.PROP FIX SOLVED MY ISSUE. I CLEARED THE APPS CACHE AND DELETED THE ORIGINAL MYHUB APP WITH TITANIUM BACKUP. I THEN FLASHED THE NEW ZIP CONTAINING THE MYHUB APP/ MK3 BUILD.PROP ZIP AND ALL IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY. NO MORE ISSUES AND I NOW HAVE FULL ACCESS TO ALL MODS THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE MYHUB APP FOR THE ROM. THIS INCLUDES THEMES, GENERAL MODS, BATTERY MODS, PHONE DIALER MODS, FRAMEWORK MORPHS, STATUS BAR CLOSE MODS, SOUND HACKS, LOADING CIRCLE MORPHS, CUSTOM PULLDOWNS, THEMED APPS, STATUS BAR MODS, ETC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M.O.A.R. ( The Mother Of All ROMS) 4.1.2 v6 -
[ROM] [MOAR] [MD4] v6.0 / Modz For All / On the Fly Theming / Swagger ;) [11.02.13] - xda-developers
Link to many screenshots of the themes by WasabiWa83 found in MOAR and Morphology. I thought you guys wold want to take a look at some of them instead of flashing them blindly. :D [OMG][THEME] 03.21 - Ultimate OMG Theme - JB - 35 Choices - Aroma - xda-developers
The People's ROM- [ROM][MD4][TW]The People's ROM GS3.17 HOTSPOT/MULTIVIEW/3 KERNELS/NORMAL 5/11/13 - xda-developers
Holy Grail- [ROM][Team VeNuM][Odexed Blue][8/5][MB1][Holy Grail][3.8] - xda-developers
BlackHole SuperNoVa- [ROM][REJECTZ] MD4 BlackHole SuperNovA, MultiWindow,Hotspot, Dependable, Sexy, Slick - xda-developers
Dandroid- [ROM] Dandroid 3.9.5 4.1.2 TW [VPBMD4] Full AOSP CM10 theme [Tested&Stable] 08/06/13 - xda-developers
Hyperdrive- ★[ROM][July 20] Hyperdrive RLS15 ║ HUB ║ OTA ║ Hyperdrive Tweaks ║ Evolve your S3 ★ ║ - xda-developers ( Torch is nonfunctional)
Blazer ROM- [ROM]Blazer ROM[6/5/2013][All I Do][MD4][v2.4] - xda-developers
Nocturnal Hooligan- Mijjah74/Manufan721(TN&TR COLLAB)(ROM)MD4 Nocturnal Hooligan - xda-developers
MidnightROMGS3/ Supercharged stock- http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...gs3-jb-1-0-4-9-1-2013-supercharged-stock.html
(Do not flash any other kernels with this ROM. It will brick your phone)
M.O.A.R.-JellyBomb Domination- [ROM][Team VeNuM] M.O.A.R - JellyBomb ver. 20.5.0 [Testing Ver. 21.0.0] - xda-developers
Stock_BareBones ROM- [ROM][4.1.2][MD4][TW]Stock_BareBones - xda-developers
This is a nice ROM that has been stripped down for all you users out there who want to basically start from scratch and add what you want. Please read the ROM thread. It contains add-ons for the hotspot and a few other things.
MetalROM- [ROM][MD4][4.1.2][Stock][DeOdexed] MetalROM V3.5(10-6-13) - xda-developers

New Builds by Jdsingle76-

[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][MG2] - Galaxy S III (SPH-L710 – Boost/Virgin Mobile)
[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][MG2] - Galaxy S III (SPH-L710 – Boost/Virgin Mobile) - xda-developers
[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][DEODEXED]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710)(Boost) MD7
[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][DEODEXED]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710)(Boost) MD7 - xda-developers
[ROM][STOCK][CWM]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710) MD7(Boost) Unrooted
[ROM][STOCK][CWM]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710) MD7(Boost) Unrooted - xda-developers

4.3 ROMs-

[ROM][MK3] Wicked Project X
[ROM][MK3] Wicked Project X v5.6 [Updated 4/13/14][Rejectz-Wicked Collaboration] - xda-developers

[ROM][TW4.3][MK3] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom ✭myHUB✭Clock Mod✭Awesomeness✭[TEAM WICKED]
[ROM][TW4.3][MK3] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom Final Release✭myHUB✭Clock Mod✭Awesomeness✭ - xda-developers

BOOST VERSION!! [ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- by jdsingle76
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...exed-deodexed-virgin-mobile-boost-mobile.html

Please read the OP before flashing to obtain root! Thanks go out to jdsingle76 for getting a Boost version of the 4.3 update. Your hard work is truly appreciated bro. :)

SPRINT VERSION!!-[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] by CNexus
[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers

NOTE FROM CNexus OP- THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 4.3 FIRMWARE. SO HAVE NO FEAR OF FLASHING THIS BECAUSE OF KNOX.

ROM TW][4.3][MK3] StaticPower v2- by StaticMaal. Thanks to Rally 57 for testing and confirming it's stable.
[ROM][TW][4.3][MK3] StaticPower v2 [12/2/2013] - xda-developers

4.3 M.O.A.R. ( The Mother Of All ROMS)- [ROM][MOAR][MK3] v9.0.1 / 50+ Mods / Morphology / On the fly mods / Killer [3.9.14] - xda-developers

If you find bugs in any of these ROMs, PLEASE check the ROM thread before posting here. There's a very good chance you'll find your answers there and possibly a FIX.

PLEASE SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION AND THANK THESE GUYS AND THEIR TEAMS. :D

IF THEY HAVE A DONATE TAB, SHOW A LITTLE LOVE.

These are the ROMs known to work with our Boost S3 device. As I have mentioned above, the MMS Fix will need to be done at least once with the 1st flash of a Sprint ROM.The Dandroid ROM may still require the PiggyBack zip to get your data working. Read the ROM thread to make sure. Test your device, use the information that has been provided and you should be good to go.

CREDITS:

Shabbypenguin- Need I say more. For his TUT on "How To Truly Unbrick Your SGS3". We're grateful for all of your help bro.
SelfElevated2-MMS FiX
AlpineMan- MMS/Data fix for CM based ROMs
Danvdh-piggybak zip
dazednconfused-Wicked Sensations
rompnit-MOAR
kennyglass123-The People's ROM, TWRP & CWM_mod.img's
strongsteve-Holy Grail
timmetal6669-BlackHole SuperNova
Danvdh-Dandroid
sbreen94-HYperDrive
JoshBeach- JellyBomb Domination
PhantomHacker- Blazer ROM
Mijjah74 & Manufan721- Nocturnal Hooligan
xthedakmanx- MidnightROM/ Supercharged
bajee11- Vanilla RootBox
Audio God-[SOKP [SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT]
Team AOKP- AOKP ROM
gimmeitorilltell-[ROM][KitKat][4.4+][UNOFFICIAL][BeanStalk-
MAZDA,TEAM DIRT & Deliberate- 4.2.2 [UNOFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns AOKP
MAZDA,TEAM DIRT & EverDeathly- 4.3 OFFICIAL- Dirty Unicorns AOKp
nicklovell23- [ROM] [4.3] Slim Bean (d2spr)
metalfan78- Stock_BareBones ROM and MetalROM
vedantgp- CyanFox ROM
jdsingle76- BOOST VERSION 4.3 [ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]
MK5 modem, MG2/MD7 Modem, [ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile
struckn- Sharing his information on the CM11 nightlies, his personal debloated version, and helping me test.
[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][MG2] - Galaxy S III (SPH-L710 – Boost/Virgin Mobile)
[ROM][STOCK][CWM][ROOTED][DEODEXED]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710)(Boost) MD7
[ROM][STOCK][CWM]Galaxy S III(SPH-L710) MD7(Boost) Unrooted
CNexus-SPRINT VERSION [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED]
[STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM
moonknightus- [ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity
Chad the Patherfinder- [ROM] [4.4] ND8 Tribute
StaticMaal- [ROM][TW][4.3][MK3] StaticPower v2
Notorious & the MIUI Team- [ROM]MIUI
AICP Team- AICP ROM (Android Ice Cold Project)
GideonX- [ROM] OMNI ROM
bilgerryan & Team Rejectz- [ROM][MK3] PROJECT X v4.3 & [ROM][ND8][4.4.2] Wicked X
TommyTarts- [kernel] Quantum Kernel
Skunk Ape1- CWM & TWRP Odin Packages
Naddict- Recovery Flashable- CWM 6.0.4.3 - TWRP 2.6.3.0 Recoveries - Stock (old & new) PLUS his many other contributions to helping better the GS3.
Koush- CWM
thenameisnigel- [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch
GAPPS- from GooManger
TeamWin- TWRP
Team LiquidSmooth- LiquidSmooth ROM
Phil3759 & CNexus- OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery
WasabiWa83- themes and themes included in Morphology.
sbreen94- Zeus Kernel
galaxys3man30- KT747 Kernel and KToonservative Discussions Thread
ktoonsez- KToonsez Kernel
decimalman- DKP Kernel
Austrie- Original Guide To Rooitng & Recovery.
digiblur- PRL Tutorial and list of PRL's.
t.burninator- List of Safe-to-Remove System Apps (or, How to De-bloat Your Boost Mobile Galaxy S3)
dr30ma- AccuWeather Widget +Main S4 Themed For Samsung Galaxy S3
raishiro- Bootanimations Collection
unotlikeme- Bootanimation Collection
Kroz- HUE Themes, bootanimations and mods
billard412- How To Theme Your Dialer Background
Rxpert83- For being a Kick ass MOD and helping where and whenever he can.
Capn069- For his invaluable help getting me started in this aweome S3 section. Much of what I have shared started with his suggestions and advice.
Smith058- For WiFi Fix and his many contributions to this section.
HiiiPowers- CM10.1 TUT and his many contributions to this section.
Kevindroid- For the knowledge he has shared on the ROMs he has tested.
Wyelkins- For leading the way to the S3 section for me and being a great friend from the beginning back in the Prevail section. We've came a long way brother!
Beechbum41- Helping add to our list of ROMs and MODs. Thanks for testing bro.
iMaYG- For all of his input and help with this thread.
Rally 517- Helping find us another working kernel and contributing to the growth of this thread.
Riro Zizo- Get a (Battery) Life! Every possible way to save your battery

Last but not least- EVERY MEMBER WHO HAS PUT THEIR DEVICE ON THE LINE IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE OUR SECTION BETTER.

IF I'VE MISSED ANYONE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GLADLY ADD YOU TO THE CREDITS FOR THE ROMS AND MODS

This thread is a work in progress. Hopefully we will have it filled up with awesome ROMs and Mods that we can run on our Boost SGS3. If you know of a functional ROM that will work with our Boost devices, please let me know so I can add it to the list.

Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. :)

AOSP, CyanogenMod, AOKP, and MIUI ROMs

WARNING!! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!! NEITHER I NOR ANYONE ELSE WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED OR DAMAGED DEVICES.

AOSP 4G APN FIX!!! AOSP 4G APN FIX!!! AOSP 4G APN FIX!!!

NEW BUILD FOR 4G FIX By MopedRyder This is a link to his new thread!
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...-testing-mod-universal-boost-apn-fix-mod.html

Important Information Regarding the AOSP Based ROMs. Please read the info below concerning the UNIFIED BUILDS. Most of the Devs are making UNIFIED builds now that DO NOT need the asserts removed. If there is a UNIFIED build, I recommend using it!

All you need to do is follow standard flashing procedure. Download the ROM, correct GAPPS, and APN FIX. Make sure all are on the internal or micro SD card of your phone.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING PHILZ RECOVERY!! You are very likely to have issues with the other recoveries. If I were you, I wouldn't even risk trying the others right now until they are updated and stable.

Directions For Flashing UNIFIED ROMs

1) Factory Reset (with Philz, then choose the "Clean to Install a New ROM" option)
2) Wipe Cache
3) Wipe Dalvik
4) Flash ROM, then GAPPS, then the APN FIX ( I recommend the PA GAPPS. Do not use the GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE. Use either the FULL MODULAR PACKAGE, MINI MODULAR PACKAGE, or the MICRO MODULAR PACKAGE) Anything from Google that you need which is not in the package you choose can be found on Play. :) The PA GAPPS link is below step 6 as is the APN FIX. :)
5) Reboot
6) PROFIT!!! :D

OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

[MOD] Universal Boost APN fix for D2LTE builds
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...universal-boost-apn-fix-d2lte-builds-mod.html

ALSO NOTE...... THE APN BACKUP RESTORE APP WILL NOT WORK WITH THE 4.4.2 BUILDS. THE APN FIX BY MOPEDRYDER WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.

VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO REMOVE THE ASSERTS FROM THE SPRINT AOSP ROMS.

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS WHO WERE HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT. IN THE VIDEO IT STATES TO EXTRACT THE ZIP FILE. ACTUALLY, YOU DO NOT NEED TO UNZIP THE ROM. YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF ALL THIS WHILE THE ROM IS STILL ZIPPED. YOU JUST NEED ONE OF THE PROGRAMS MENTIONED TO OPEN THE ZIPPED FILE. ALSO KEEP IN IND THAT ALL OF THE UPDATER-SCRIPTS ARE NOT WRITTEN THE SAME. SOME MAY HAVE THE ASSERTS LOWER DOWN INSTEAD OF AT THE TOP. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND AND THAT YOU REMOVE FROM WHERE THE ASSERTS START AND THE MODEMS END AND YOU'LL BE OK.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I'M SURE EITHER I OR ONE OF THE OTHER GREAT MEMBERS IN HERE WILL HELP YOU OUT. .

NEW!!!! 1/4/14

I USED WINRAR WITH THIS BUT 7-ZIP WILL WORK JUST FINE AND IT'S FREE!

7-ZIP (FREE)-
7-Zip

NOTEPAD ++ (FREE)-
Notepad++ Home

YOU MUST INSTALL THESE BEFORE PROCEEDING!!

JUST CLICK THE ON IT AND WATCH THE VIDEO!! :D

BEFORE FLASHING EITHER OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO YOUR PHONE SETTINGS/MORE SETTINGS/MOBILE NETWORKS/NETWORK MODE. Change your setting from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. This should change should carry over when you flash these ROMS. After flashing, go in and make sure it is still set to CDMA of only. If not, change it.

Also, these ROMs will add extra folders on your internal and external SD card. If you need the space you will want to delete the extra folders. I flashed Vanir and ended up with 2 folders for my EXT SD card. Make a copy of you internal and external before flashing and save them on a pc or something. That way you will know what has been added and what can be deleted.

WHEN FOLLOWING THE TUTORIALS BELOW, PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN EDITING THE UPDATER-SCRIPT SO YOU CAN FLASH ON THE BOOST "L710VPAMG2" BASEBAND. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK BEFORE PROCEEDING. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU. THE LAST THING I WANT ANY OF YOU TO DO IS BRICK YOUR PHONE. ;)

MOD- Increase Over all Sound Volume AOSP ROMs 4.4.2 by Kaos
[MOD] Increase Over all Sound Volume CM11 4.4.2 (Flashable) (01-25-14) - xda-developers

[ROM][D2LTE] [SOKP》》SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT]
[D2LTE/D2SPR● KK 4.4.2][01.05>>Milestone-1][SOKP》》SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT][AIO][Weekly Builds] - xda-developers

[ROM][D2LTE] [OFFICIAL] CM11-
CyanogenMod Downloads

Link to Struckn's information thread on CM11 Nightlies and his personal debloated ROM
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...804415-official-cyanogenmod-11-nightlies.html

[ROM][D2LTE] [OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix

Upvote 0
MODS, KERNELS & PRL INFORMATION

MSL READER

Use this to get your MSL

http://tools.flashingtools.com/

WORKING wifi tether setup by Smith058-

This thread has recently been updated to help those running the 4.3 update. Please scroll down to The Britton's quote added by Smith.

Be sure to hit the THANKS tab in both Smith and the Britton's threads. These guys deserve it!

WORKING wifi tether setup

How To Theme Your Dialer Background by billard412- ~Custom Dialers~ CM10/AOKP/P.A/MIUI ((NOW WITH HOW-TO!)) - xda-developers

Thanks to Beechbum41 for recommending the themed widget. Thanks to Beechbum41 and Smith058 for recommending Xposed- ROM Modding. He also recommends XBlast Tools from Google Play to be used with Xposed.

AccuWeather Widget +Main S4 Themed For Samsung Galaxy S3 by dr30ma
[21/4/13][Final Working] AccuWeather Widget +Main S4 Themed For Samsung Galaxy S3 - xda-developers

Xposed- ROM Modding by Rovo89.
[FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.3.1)(10.10.2013) - xda-developers

List of Safe-to-Remove System Apps (or, How to De-bloat Your Boost Mobile Galaxy S3) by t.burninator
List of Safe-to-Remove System Apps (or, How to De-bloat Your Boost Mobile Galaxy S3)

Not Your Ordinary Accuweather Widgets . For 4.1.2 & 4.3 Now!!
Thanks to Rompnit, we now have some different weather widgets at our disposal.

[nOObz] [Updated 01.04.14] Not Your Ordinary Accuweather Widgets / Now for 4.3! - xda-developers

How to: Stop 4.3 MK5 Update Notification by Mydian

Here is a great tutorial on how to stop the MK5 Update Notification thanks to Mydian. Please visit his thread and hit the THANKS tab for his great tutorial!!
How to: Stop 4.3 MK5 Update Notification

Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects - This is one awesome app that will definitely make a difference is you audio quality. I recommend giving it a try.
C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif
Just make sure that you go into your phone settings/ sound/music effects and set it to Viper FX. The go into your Viper app settings and get it set up. I have a feeling you'll love it.

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.3.2.0) - V4A Copyright Infringement - xda-developers

LG G2 KEYBOARD. Thanks to Struckn for a good find.

Install LG G2 Stock Keyboard + Themes on Your Android Phone

COMADOSE [MOD][TWEAK-PACK][S3] - This can be used with TW and AOSP based ROMs.

As with any mod, please read the OP and check out the thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2370709

TUTORIAL FOR CHANGING YOUR PRL.

NOTE: Some phones will not show the "PRL Write" option in the Touch Whiz tutorial. Don't fret! The AOSP method will work on Touch Whiz ROMs too.

Thanks to Digiblur, we have a great TUT explaining how to change our PRL.
His thread also contains actual PRL downloads and some very good information pertaining to them.

Every Sprint PRL - xda-developers

31104.prl download incase anyone needs it.

__________________________________________________ _____________

KERNELS

Here are some of the most popular kernels being used on the GS3. REMEMBER!!!! Always check and make sure that the kernel you are installing is for your ROM. Touch Whiz for Touch Whiz & AOSP for AOSP!!!

KToonsez Kernel Thread. Touch Whiz and AOSP Kernels- [KERNEL][SPR][AOSP/TW][JB and KITKAT][12/03/2013] KT747 - MD4 - KTweaker - xda-developers

KT747 Kernel and KToonservative Discussions Thread- [Team Kernelizers][How To][SPR][TK MOD 1.0.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks-Updated 5-14-13 - xda-developers

DKP Kernel. Touch Whiz and AOSP Kernels - [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/5/13 - xda-developers

Zeus Kernel. Touch Whiz ONLY- [KERNEL][4/17] Zeus Kernel v3 I CRT-off I CPU/GPU OC I UV - xda-developers

BMS Kernel- AOSP ONLY- [KERNEL][4.3/4.4][AOSP]

Upvote 0
Odin Recovery Packages, Modems/Basebands, Recoveries & Guides

By Skunk Ape1. If you get in trouble but are still able to enter DOWNLOAD MODE, all you need to do is flash one of these and then chose one of your backups to restore.

These are the new versions that are able to read your internal and external storage.

Just use my modified steps and replace them in Austrie's original recovery guide. They will work for both CWM and TWRP.
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...ing-recovery-galaxy-s3-boost.html#post6127185

CWM Recovery Mod- Dev-Host - recovery.tar.md5 - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

TWRP Recovery Mod- Dev-Host - recovery.tar.md5 - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0

[d2spr][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13] - xda-developers

Jdsingle has added a thread in our Boost section concerning this recovery.
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...cial-philz-touch-recovery-6-0-11-24-13-a.html

[COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-sprint/development/cot-project-cannibal-touch-t2828331

RECOVERY FLASHABLE TWRP AND CWM RECOVERIES thanks to Naddict

AS OF THIS POST, THE LATEST ARE CWM 6.0.4.3 - TWRP 2.6.3.0. THIS LINK ALSO INCLUDES OLDER VERSIONS!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2151476

I just flashed TWRP (12/24/13) v2.6.3.0 and it's running great! :D

How to Truly Unbrick Your SGS3 by Shabbypenguin.

Thanks to Shabby, we now have a way to save our phones even if we cannot get into DOWNLOAD MODE.

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...7-how-truly-unbrick-your-sgs3-boost-sgs3.html

Modems/ Basebands. Thanks to Capn069 for recommending this

[Modem/Baseband] Sprint GS3 Flashable Radios LEN|LF9|LG2|LG8|LI3|LJ7|MB1|MC3|MD4 - xda-developers

New Modems by Jdsingle. Thanks bro.

MK5 modem
[MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK5 Virgin Mobile/Boost Modem - xda-developers

MG2/MD7 Modem
[MODEM][JB 4.1.2][cwm][zip][md7][mg2] - Page 3 - xda-developers

Odin Backups thanks to Smith058

Stock out of the box:
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...ot/753772-odin-backup-sph-l710_md7-stock.html

MG2 update stock:
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-galaxy-s3-all-things-root/758586-odin-backup-sph-l710_mg2.html

BOOST-"L710VPAMG2" MODEM :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqc2t9y1cr2v7nd/modem.backup

I have posted this link above but I'm going to post it again just so there's no confusion on how to restore a modem backup. You must 1st download the SprintGalaxyS3RestoreModem.zip. You must also make sure that both the modem backup and SprintGalaxyS3RestoreModem.zip are on the internal sd. NOT THE SD CARD ITSELF!

SprintGalaxyS3RestoreModem

Here is a quote from mercado79 thread:

"If you run into any problems, you can always try flashing a different file; however, you should know that Freeza's script creates a backup whenever you flash a new modem. You can find this file (modem.backup) at the root of your internal SD card (aka /sdcard), not on your micro SD card. Use Simple File Sharing and Storage. to revert and make sure that it too resides on your internal SD card. md5: 52BFCACBC872A62FB4FA3AE72CB212C9."

Here is the link to the entire thread pertaining to changing modems. Make sure you read it AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!

LINK to just about all of the Sprint modems-
[Modem/Baseband] Sprint GS3 Flashable Radios LEN|LF9|LG2|LG8|LI3|LJ7|MB1|MC3|MD4 - xda-developers

UPDATE - New Sprint MK3 MODEM.

[MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK3 Sprint Modem - xda-developers

Upvote 0
B00TANIMATIONS & THEMES
If any of you would like to share your favorite bootanimations, please do so. Let me know and I will gladly add them to this section.

Instructions

Download bootanimation
Make sure the name of the zip is " bootanimation.zip ", If not then rename it.
If you want to save the bootanimation that is on your device, make a folder on your sd card named bootanimations. Then, navigate to system/media and locate the bootanimation.zip. Cut and paste it in the folder labeled bootanimations on your sd card.
Take the new bootanimation and place it in system/media. If you have chosen not to keep your original bootanimation, chose to overwrite the existing file.
Reboot
PROFIT!

Ironman bootanimation thanks to unotlikeme- bootanimation
Preview can be seen here- Mark 42 - The Avengers Photo (35098746) - Fanpop fanclubs

Helix bootanimation- Helix

I think this is a really cool bootanimation that I found sometime back. I liked it and thought some of you might too. Remember to rename it to bootanimation.zip
Silverscreen with Android logo alternating blue colors with blue orb bootanimation-
Android logo with blue orb

One Serious Set of Cool Bootanimations by raishiro- [Boot Animation][Collection] 81 AWESOME Boot Animations - xda-developers

NEW BOOTANIMATIONS THANKS TO UNOTLIKEME.

New iron man fixed the white flash: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/(New) Ironmanboot.zip

twerkin girl: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/BootyBoot.zip

Huge Cheering Crowd: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/Homer bootani.zip

Do Not use if epileptic lol!
Homer Tweaking: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/Homer bootani.zip

Rainforest: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/RainForestBoot.zip

Terminator T-1000: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/T1000Boot.zip

The Depths of hell: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/TheDepths.zip

Tommy gun slow-mo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62695369/TommygunBoot.zip

NEW
Reactor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc8vxgp0p0pdeie/Reactor.zip?dl=0

FREE!!!!! HUE THEMES FOR 1.0 to 4.4 AOSP BASED ROMS by KROZ

I was looking around for some themes for Carbon, CM11, and Pro-Bam today and found some really nice ones. Kroz has themes for the AOSP based ROMs going all the way back from 1.0 up to the newest 4.4. I have tried a few of these and they are super nice.

If you are interested in some nice themes then please look through the list of FREE ones offered by Kroz. He also has a good bit of other nice mods to go along with his themes. As with all the devs who share their work with us, please don't forget to hit the THANKS tab in his thread. Thanks, Biker:)

KROZ HUE THEMES AND MORE!!!!

[THEME | XTHEME] - [ Hue 4.4 ] - [Colored | Plain | Simple | Dark] [CM10.x] [Nov.24] - xda-developers

BOOTANIMATION UTILITY WHICH CONTAINS NEARLY 400 BOOTANIMATIONS.

THE UTILITY ALLOWS YOU TO DO QUITE A FEW THINGS. (RESIZE ANIMATIONS,SEND VIA ADB, ADD YOUR OWN ANIMATIONS, AND MORE!!) YOU CAN DOWNLOAD VIA STANDARD DOWNLOAD OR YOU CAN DOWNLOAD VIA TORRENT. I USED TORRENT 1 AND MY DOWNLOAD WAS BLAZING FAST!!

NOTE!!
THIS CAN ONLY BE USED WITH WINDOWS.
THREAD LINK- [UTIL][Windows] BootAnimation Changer - xda-developers

Upvote 0
MISCELLANEOUS

I ANSWERED A QUESTION REGARDING FLASHING A ROM WITHOUT LOSING YOUR APPS AND APP DATA. I FIGURED I MIGHT AS WELL ADD IT TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT MAY COME IN HANDY TO NEWCOMERS ONE DAY. DIRTY FLASHING IS AN OPTION IF YOU ARE FLASHING THE SAME ROM AND THERE HAVEN'T BEEN MANY CHANGES TO THE ROM ITSELF. STILL, THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE THAT A DIRTY FLASH MAY NOT WORK AND YOU END UP WITH A LOT OF FORCE CLOSE NOTIFICATIONS. THIS TUTORIAL EXPLAINS HOW TO USE TITANIUM BACKUP AND THE BASICS OF HOW TO FLASH THE SAME ROM OR EVEN A NEW ROM WITHOUT LOSING APPS AND DATA. THIS TUT INCLUDES THE STEPS FOR GAPPS AND THE APN FIX. IF YOU ARE FLASHING A TOUCHWIZ ROM, JUST IGNORE THE GAPPS AND APN FIX INFO. ;)

TUTORIAL-

If you are updating the same ROM, you have the option of doing a "Dirty Flash". That's where you wipe the cache, then wipe the Dalvik cache and just flash the new ROM. If there have been a lot of changes to the ROM since the last version you flashed, I do not recommend this and I would do a clean install.

The 1st thing you'll want to do is make a recovery backup with Philz Recovery. That'll save you in case something goes wrong.

As an added precaution before starting, you may also want to copy all of the data from your internal storage and micro sd card to your computer. It just depends on how valuable the data is you have stored on your phone. If it cannot be replaced, saving it to the computer is highly recommended.

You will also want to make it a habit of saving important things such as pictures and videos. I save mine to my computer every so often in case anything happens.

As far as apps and app data, I would use Titanium Backup to backup your apps and data. Titanium has a batch option that will save all the apps and data at the same. I highly recommend purchasing the Pro key for the app too. Titanium Backup is one of the most important apps I have on my phone and it has saved my butt on quite a few occasions. It is also an app that I use almost DAILY.

Here is the User's Guide for Titanium Backup. I know the app very well but trust me, this guide comes in handy.

Titanium Backup User

Upvote 0
for hyperdrive. nothing can make the torch work?

Nothing that I know of that this time. Your are welcome to flash and play with it yourself. From what I understand, it's something internal with the ROM itself. No apps or anything like that will work. Still, in invite you to try. Who knows, you may find a working solution.

If you do find something that works, please share your findings.

Thanks

Upvote 0
midnight rom works as well have been using it for about a week now. roms name is MidnightRomGS3 devs name xthedakmanx

I'll find it, add it, link it and credit it. Thanks for sharing that with the S3 section. ;)

If anyone else is running a ROM that is not listed here, please let me know. Also, please let us know if it is fully functional. If not, please list what isn't working.

Thanks,
Biker.

Upvote 0
Reactions: beachbum41
Upvote 0
dkp kernal is a go. ive ran the moar rom on this kernal for about 48 hours now and all is well. for the overclockers ive been at 1836 most of the time. this kernal is very fast without the overclock. there has been no heating issues or rebooting issues. this kernal is as good as the kt747 if not better. ill stick with it i like it. battery life is good on the freelunch gov. this is the only one i can speak on. im not a heavy phone user and i charge at night. ihad more than half left which included playing with stuff for shake down all thanks are due to rexpert for me even trying it out.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hello, I see in the top of the thread it says midnight rom is listed as compatible for the Boost S3. Can anyone confirm that they have successfully flashed this rom on the Boost S3 phone? I just want to verify this will work on the Boost S3 before I flash, thanks.

Yes that rom was made for vm galaxy s3 but it does work on our phone. Vm and boost use the same configurations all mms and sms work 4 g worked for me to.
I have been using this rom midnightgs3 for over a week now no problems fast stable. As always make back up of you current rom just in case. And keep in mind ounce you flash midnightgs3 and if at some point want to go back to a regular sprint rom you will probably have to do the mms fix as said on first thread. Happy flashing;)

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Yes that rom was made for vm galaxy s3 but it does work on our phone. Vm and boost use the same configurations all mms and sms work 4 g worked for me to.
I have been using this rom midnightgs3 for over a week now no problems fast stable. As always make back up of you current rom just in case. And keep in mind ounce you flash midnightgs3 and if at some point want to go back to a regular sprint rom you will probably have to do the mms fix as said on first thread. Happy flashing;)

Thanks for the rsponse. I am currently on the dandroid rom. I didn't have to do the MMS fix when I first flashed so I'm assuming that if I flash the midnight rom and at some point decide to go back to dandroid that I wouldn't need to do the MMS fix, right??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones