Boost Mobile Zone

1. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

I've bee trying to add the mobile zone apk back on the phone... I know it's considered bloatware and has been removed from most ROMs but I'd like to add it back because it was the easiest to help verify data was actually working. I've tried adding it but it didn't stick I've changed permissions, fixed permissions and it then seems to partially work. It verifies Wi-Fi but not data. Any help is appreciated I'm running Mr. Bobo's n00b rom.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

Omg why? There are many ways you can verify data. If you really want to you can just bookmark the boost site in your browser.
  3. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

Lol... I know, I know. I just liked the convenience.. I've been back and forth with Boost about poor signal and down towers for a while now. But what would me bookmarking the Boost site do for me? Its been when I think all is fine and data is good but in all actuality it's not and that's the easiest app that I know checks
  4. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

I am not sure what dependencies the boost zone app had, it might rely on other apps that were removed too...

I never used the feature you are talking about, what does it tell you?

The 3g signal icon tells you if you have 3g/1x and that's about as much info as you can get on data besides using a speedtest app to check the ping/download/upload speeds.
  5. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

One of the issues I continue to have, my 3G/data will look ok but I am still missing calls and texts, I'll get screenshots from people with the times they have called or texted and it really makes me mad because they never came through. The mobile zone app tests your 3G and wifi signals, in checking the 3G is would send you a text notification that said "voice check" but you knew or at least assumed that the 3G was working because something actually came thru to the phone. The wifi check was just whether the wifi was on and working properly and if it wasn't on at the time it would ask if you'd like to cut it on to test it. I am not sure about how it all worked but with the problems that I am having, I just wanted it as a backup to maybe randlomly test my own 3G signal at will. I live in a city area, tons of towers so I should never lose signal. The app had other things too like updating your profile from there and you could log into your boost account, games you can download, etc. unnecessary stuff. But if I could find an app that tested my 3G and not just tell me its working but to do what boost does with its app and be able to send an instant notification that would be great. Its times when I've used the app and did not get the instant notification, I guess my 3G wasnt working but when it cleared up or signal came back, the notification would come through...sorry if I am rambling, just got home from work:confused:. I have speedtest and Ive never used it to check my data other than for comparison purposes....I guess if I cant get the mobile zone loaded up i'll tyr that...thanks
  6. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

7. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

Thanks...I actually dont need to try and load anymore, I went back to stock to flash the new update so I have it now :)
    LilBit likes this.