Boost pulling SGS2?

1. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

I just browsed boost's website and saw that they appear to have yanked the page promoting the SGS2. Sign of things to come (or not to come, rather)?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

With the hearing for S2 ban scheduled for Dec 06, Boost is prolly just playing it safe.
    guyphs likes this.
  3. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Oh okay sweet -- I didn't realize that they were going to have another hearing before any potential injunction would come down. Thanks!
  4. dthomas510

dthomas510 Active Member

the page is still there... i couldnt find it through their website, but the link that was on facebook worked

Samsung Galaxy S
  5. birdhouse1575

birdhouse1575 Member

6. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

Scared me for a minute there lol.
  7. derrickmd18

derrickmd18 Active Member

How much will it be
  8. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Contributor

$369.99 from what the article said... :p
  9. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

That is quite lame, considering Walmart just started selling this as a T-Mobile prepaid phone for $300.
  10. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Boost is betting on the "gotta have it" crowd. If past performance is an indicator then within 3 months the phone will drop in price to a more reasonable offering. Look at the Design. Already got offers and discounts going for it.
  11. espylacopa

espylacopa Active Member

Yeah, there is definitely a price to be paid for "early adopters".
  12. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

So how long till a price drop? Cause I am not happy with my EVO V 4G
  13. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Just like all the carriers do. I had to laugh at the people camping out for iphone5.
  14. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

I finally picked my S2 up when Amazon stocked it. FS and no tax gave me the push I needed.

I would expect a price drop around Christmas, maybe Black Friday. 3 months seems the norm for the first reductions.

Personally I hated paying an extra $70 over other prepaid but I love this phone. The downside is I cannot upgrade again for at least 18 months as I see having a phone averaged $20 a month to make it 'worth the price.'
  15. Sylerxen

Sylerxen Well-Known Member

I was skeptical about purchasing mine but I finally said screw it and got it. I I love it! My first Android was the galaxy s3 but I returned it because sprint kept playing around with the price I'd get every month. I I miss it but this one isn't half bad.
  16. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

hadn't thought about that little savings via Amazon

sometimes that's just what you have to do.