Boost pulling SGS2?

1. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

I just browsed boost's website and saw that they appear to have yanked the page promoting the SGS2. Sign of things to come (or not to come, rather)?

Advertisement
  2. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

With the hearing for S2 ban scheduled for Dec 06, Boost is prolly just playing it safe.
    guyphs likes this.
  3. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Oh okay sweet -- I didn't realize that they were going to have another hearing before any potential injunction would come down. Thanks!
  4. dthomas510

dthomas510 Active Member

the page is still there... i couldnt find it through their website, but the link that was on facebook worked

Samsung Galaxy S
  5. birdhouse1575

birdhouse1575 Member

6. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

Scared me for a minute there lol.
  7. derrickmd18

derrickmd18 Active Member

How much will it be
  8. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

$369.99 from what the article said... :p
  9. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

That is quite lame, considering Walmart just started selling this as a T-Mobile prepaid phone for $300.
  10. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Boost is betting on the "gotta have it" crowd. If past performance is an indicator then within 3 months the phone will drop in price to a more reasonable offering. Look at the Design. Already got offers and discounts going for it.
  11. espylacopa

espylacopa Active Member

Yeah, there is definitely a price to be paid for "early adopters".
  12. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

So how long till a price drop? Cause I am not happy with my EVO V 4G
  13. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Just like all the carriers do. I had to laugh at the people camping out for iphone5.
  14. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

I finally picked my S2 up when Amazon stocked it. FS and no tax gave me the push I needed.

I would expect a price drop around Christmas, maybe Black Friday. 3 months seems the norm for the first reductions.

Personally I hated paying an extra $70 over other prepaid but I love this phone. The downside is I cannot upgrade again for at least 18 months as I see having a phone averaged $20 a month to make it 'worth the price.'
  15. Sylerxen

Sylerxen Well-Known Member

I was skeptical about purchasing mine but I finally said screw it and got it. I I love it! My first Android was the galaxy s3 but I returned it because sprint kept playing around with the price I'd get every month. I I miss it but this one isn't half bad.
  16. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

hadn't thought about that little savings via Amazon

sometimes that's just what you have to do.