• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boosting speaker volume

paulbonner

Mar 16, 2010
EDIT 12/4/2011 -- NOTE: I've been experiencing some random freezes/reboots lately, and in another thread someone said that his phone was having same problem and that he'd identified Volume Control Plus as the culprit. I'm going to try removing the app and see if phone's stability improves. In the meantime, I've got to put my recommendation for this app on hold -- it works, but if it causes phone freezes and reboots it's not worth it.

-------------------------------------------------

Lots of people have complained (and rightly so) about how little volume you can get out of the Warp's speaker. I kept longing for CyanogenMod's DSP Manager. But we're not going to have that until we have root and some dedicated developers to build us a CyanogenMod ROM...

In the meantime, I recommend you grab Volume+, from Meltus, available on the Android Market for $1.61 or for free from the author's website androidaudiohacks.com (free registration required for download). Volume+ looks and acts a lot like DSP Manager, offering volume and bass boosts and equalizer functions for your phone's speaker, headset and Bluetooth. Best of all, it doesn't require root. So if the Warp's pitiful volume bothers you, stop complaining and check out Volume+.

Reactions: marke123
Lots of people have complained (and rightly so) about how little volume you can get out of the Warp's speaker. I kept longing for CyanogenMod's DSP Manager. But we're not going to have that until we have root and some dedicated developers to build us a CyanogenMod ROM...

In the meantime, I recommend you grab Volume+, from Meltus, available on the Android Market for $1.61 or for free from the author's website androidaudiohacks.com (free registration required for download). Volume+ looks and acts a lot like DSP Manager, offering volume and bass boosts and equalizer functions for your phone's speaker, headset and Bluetooth. Best of all, it doesn't require root. So if the Warp's pitiful volume bothers you, stop complaining and check out Volume+.
lol you sound like a spokes person. Does that app make a big difference in volume?

Upvote 0
lol you sound like a spokes person. Does that app make a big difference in volume?

I've been pretty conservative with it--the settings screen offers stepped increases in volume ranging +1...+15. I've got it set to plus three, and it definitely makes a difference. I've been listening to music streaming through Google Music all night and it sounds pretty good. I'm sure some of the higher levels would distort like crazy and probably burn out the speaker (+8 is labeled "Be Careful", and I have no idea what +15 would do), but, at least on my phone, + 3 is enough to give it a give it a reasonable output level without distortion. The equalizer, which includes a bunch of presets, also to helps shape the sound better than the Warp's default audio settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones