• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Boot Animation and Audio Removable?

TheAtheistReverend

Anybody want a peanut?
Feb 24, 2010
Minneapolis
I figured out that in System/Media you can remove (or better to just rename) the bootsamaung.qmp and bootsamsungloop.qmp and if you like, the shutdown.qmp and it gets rid of the boot/shutdown animations. I haven't bothered to measure to see if it actually speeds up the boot process, but it feels like it did.

Problem is, the boot audio is still there. I hate boot audio. But I can't find it!

Does anyone know where I can find this darn audio file to remove it? Or a build.prop edit to remove it?

Here's the build.prop edit I found (long ago, and it's all over the place so i don't know who to give credit to :eek:) as another way to remove the boot animation:

1)Open a Root Explorer app or any file manager with root permissions.

2)Go to /system

3)Mount folder in R/W and open build.prop in text editor

4)Scroll to the very bottom and enter

Code:
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

5)Save and Exit. A full reboot is required to see that this works.

You can change =1 to =0 to disable this. Or simply delete the line that was added.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones