[Boot Animation] Anime Iron Man

Last Updated:

1. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone! My first post (in the Droid forum), and I come bearing a gift. I've been in the Android world for a little while with an Eris, but just picked up a D1 Friday night. Already rooted and overclocked. Wanted to begin my customization from pretty much the start of the phone and thought I should share. It's from the trailer found here:
    YouTube - Iron Man Anime Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Q7xgxDJh4

. Skip ahead to 1:36 through 1:46ish and that's about what you'll get. It's not everyone's style, but what is? lol You'll be able to download it from here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimation.zip

This works pretty well on my phone, but if you need anything adjusted, I could do that for you, or at least tell you how to do so if you aren't sure. Enjoy!

Advertisement
  2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

nice...
    would love to see a non-animated version from IronMan2 with both suits...

3. es0tericcha0s

Ask and ye shall receive... :) Just downloaded a clip to work with of the final fight scene in 2 with IM and WM fighting the Hammer Drones... Probably finish it tomorrow night.

4. thaDroidz

sweet...
    I was just thinking out loud with my fingers, not meaning for you to do it, but will gladly install...
    my next goal is to figure out the boot screens, I tried one but it didn't work at all.

5. es0tericcha0s

Heh, it's cool. I was thinking of doing this for awhile but last time I wanted to the DVD wasn't out yet so didn't have a high enough quality clip. I am already about 75% of the way finished but at work till 6. I found another tool to help trim vids down so I don't have to export the entire clip and then filter through 10,000 pics lol. Will post tonight...stay tuned..

I ran into some snags with the new version. It's not looking quite like what I was hoping for. Can probably fix it tomorrow.

6. thaDroidz

you gotta point me in the right direction to learn boots.
    I took your animated boot trying to make my own, figured it would just require me to remove your images and add mine in. Didn't work.. LOL
    I tried for hours before I gave up...
    Should that not have worked?
    http://media.afroracing.com/bootanimationIRO.zip
    Maybe I just had the format to big or something...
    GEEZ i don't know and it's bothering me that I can't figure out how to make my own... LOL

7. es0tericcha0s

Could be a couple different things. One, make sure they are all named sequentially. I see that you tried, but the space in between the boot_00(here)xxx can't be there. You'll find it easiest to use a renaming program. If you are using Windows, I'd suggest: [den4b] Denis Kozlov . You just drag/drop your folder of pics in there and add 3 rules:
    1) Delete from beginning to the end. (It will flash a warning that they are all named the same, hit ok).
    2) Insert "boot_" in prefix. (Warning, see above).
    3) Serialize. Check pad with zeroes and change the number to "5", start in position "6".
    Also make sure your other folder starts with the next sequential picture number. For instance, folder 1 ends with boot_00499.jpg then folder 2 would start with boot_500.jpg.
    Last, but certainly most important is how you zip them. You have to make sure they get added to the bootanimation.zip with no compression, or in some zip programs it is called, store. You also need to make sure there should only be 3 things inside the zip, so that means you can't put the 2 folders containing the pictures and the desc.txt inside of another folder and then zip that up. It's best to add them singly to avoid mistakes. But, you are 90% of the way there. I would suggest, with yours that you posted, to go through and trim off the first couple of pics, and there are a few random black screens in it that you might want to throw out. Just do that and rezip it correctly and you should be on your way. If it doesn't work that way, send it to me again and I'll fix it up and repost it for ya. Hope this helps.

thaDroidz likes this.
  8. thaDroidz

Cool. I was thinking the file names had something to do with it. And gotta remember about the second folder.
    Will give another shot.

9. thaDroidz

http://media.afroracing.com/bootanimationtest.zip
    got it!
    took alot of tries, until I realized I had compression turned on...

gotta go back and make it longer now, this 1 I only used 75 or so pics and it just zooms by... LOL!

thanks a lot now I got something else to be messing with..

10. es0tericcha0s

Looks like you are well on your way, and you're welcome of course. :) You can also adjust the speed of the animation. Let me break down the desc.txt for you.

*Numbers/names for representation, yours may differ*

480 (width aspect/pixels) 427 (height aspect/pixels) 50 (Frames Per Second)
    P (play) 1 (1 time) 0 (0 lag inbetween pictures)
    P (play) 0 (loop/infinite - I dunno why, just go with it lol) 0 (0 lag inbetween pics)

So, there you go. If wanna speed it up or slow it down, adjust the FPS. You can usually just open the .txt file from within the zip without having to extract. Save and exit and it will ask you if you want to update the changes in the zip.

thaDroidz likes this.