1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Boot Animation Gallery

1. qwiktune

qwiktune Well-Known Member

Anyone know what this doesnt work on 1.5? I mean it goes through like it suppose to, it just doesnt take over and still plays the default. I'm just curious
  2. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

lol take the dive and either root or goto the 2nd leak 2.1....hehe I don't think this will work on 1.5.
  3. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Does not work on 1.5
  4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

I was helping a friend that was having problems getting the boot animation on to his phone because He was not comfortable with using the command line and adb. So I decided to make a batch file that would do it automatically for him.
    Then I got to thinking of how many people kept asking me if there was any possibility if the phone could be messed up by trying to put a boot on it. This is just to make sure you don’t type in the wrong thing and mess up your phone.
    You still need to have the drivers for your device installed for this to work.
    Instructions
    1) Unzip the contents of the zip below anywhere on your computer, adb files are included so you can unzip it anywhere and it will work.
    2) Place your-kewl-kick-ass-boot-animation.zip in the PutYourBootHERE folder
    3) Double Click on RunMe.bat
    4) Then just follow the simple instructions.
    This should work on all windows systems ( I think =P)
    If you don’t have windows then you should be very comfortable with commands like adb and have no use for this…..

I know Most people won’t use this, but if this makes one person comfortable with changing their boot, its worth it.
    Download:Here
    I don't think Anything will happen I've tested this on my phone and my friends phone and nothing happened, but just in case remember you use this at your own risk.
    If you think its not safe...its simple don't download!
    JSHAF, rdking, John58543 and 2 others like this.
  5. motoxcreature

motoxcreature Active Member

Here is the full way to do this on a mac for people who don't know how to use terminal.
    "username" is your username. change it.
    The directory used in this example is "Desktop"
    The folder name used in this example is "Folder"
    Remember: Terminal is case sensitive
    Make sure your bootanimation.zip is in the same folder as your adb file
    Make sure USB Debugging mode is on (Settings -> Applications -> Development tools -> USB Debugging)

[Resizing the desc.txt file]​

1. Open up Terminal
    2. Unzip the folder
    3. Change the size in the desc.txt file and then save the file. Change it to:
    Code:
    320 480 210
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1
    [Rezipping with 0% compression]​

4. This changes to the folder directory
    Code:
    cd /Users/username/Desktop/Folder
    5. This zips your directory with 0% compression
    Code:
    zip -r0 bootanimation.zip *
    [Pushing your bootanimation.zip to your phone]
    Code:
    /Users/username/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb
    Code:
    /Users/username/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    If step 7 doesn't work, try the following command:
    Code:
    /Users/username/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb push /Users/username/Desktop/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    ljbaumer, jhewit22 and guitar2989 like this.
  6. motoxcreature

Does anyone have a walkthrough or anything for making a boot-animation with audio to play? If so, that would be helpful if you could post it.

Thanks
  7. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

Forgive me for being a totally ignorant noob but I am struggling to get the sdk set up on my laptop properly I wish I could figure it out so i could customize my boot animation but I figure if i cant even set up the sdk and adb then i prob shouldnt attempt this haha
  8. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the shoutout in the OP! :)

Some people have been having directory problems with my original set of Terminal commands, though, so it might be good to replace command #2 with the following. It's insanely long, but hopefully people will remember to use copy and paste:

Code:
    /Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb push /Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
  9. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member

was it really necessary to quote the entire original post when we all know this entire thread is in direct relation to it??
  10. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

11. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Ok well are you on windows 7? If you are you have to force the download to get the sdk to download. I am just guessing here that its the problem. If it is then after you click the SDK setup.exe close the download window and click on settings then check the box to force https download and try again. Hope this helps.
    flspnr likes this.
  12. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Easy there tiger, we all have to start somewhere.
  13. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

AWESOME! good to see someone Likes it.
  14. motoxcreature

Ok, so I am in the middle of making my own custom bootanimation. The only problem is that once it starts a new folder (part0 and part1) it flashes white. This gets incredibly annoying and makes it so I can't have a good animation with it flashing all the time. Do you know a way to get rid of this? For other ones that were downloaded, they don't do this.

Also, how do you make part1 (the one that replays) go slower? I can't figure it out in the desc.txt file...

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Motoxcreature
  15. droidkevlar

I just put together a lil .cmd file that will auto change your bootanimation for you.

1. Extract the .cmd located in the .zip to your /tools/ directory of your SDK folder
    2. Have your bootanimation.zip that you want to switch to in your /tools/ directory
    3. Plug-in your phone and set it to charge only
    4. Run the bootanimation.cmd file

This will also reboot your phone after its done so you can enjoy your new boot up.

As always, do a backup if you are rooted and I am not responsible if this messes up your phone. I use this every day as I get bored quickly and like new boot screens each day. Lame yes, but cool, HELL YA

Attached Files:

16. motoxcreature

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Time to break out a USB and switch on over to windows (i'm on a mac)
  17. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

lol same as mine except, on mine I give the user a little more options.
  18. droidkevlar

Sorry, guess I missed that. Sorry guys for double putting info on this.
  19. funone46

funone46 Member

I had to force the download on my windows 7 also. But worked well
  20. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

how do you set your phone to charge only??

I'm a complete noob when it comes to all of this...
  21. droidkevlar

When you plug your phone in, on the screen it should give you an option. If not, just go to the notifications bar and select it from there.

I should have noted. This only works if you are on 2.1

From what I have heard, this will not work on 1.5. So if you on 1.5, sorry, none of these will work for you. But I could be wrong.
  22. thenestor

Remove "Thumbs.db" from your folders in the ZIP.
  23. thenestor

Both parts have to use the same frame rate, so if you need one part to go slower, you'll have to create some extra frames. This is how the desc.txt file works:

[table][tr][td]320 480 15[/td][td]Width, height, frame rate[/td][/tr][tr][td]p 1 0 foldername[/td][td]Play 1 time, then pause for 0 frames[/td][/tr][tr][td]p 2 30 otherfolder[/td][td]Play 2 times, pause 30 frames after each loop[/td][/tr][tr][td]p 0 0 andanother[/td][td]Play infinite times, no pause between loops[/td][/tr][/table]
    The "p" is a separator, because it actually ignores line feeds and carriage returns. You can name the folders whatever you want and use as many as you want, and you don't have to loop anything if you don't want to. Note that if your frame rate is "15", then for a 2-second pause you'd use "30" like I did in the example above. You don't have to use the width and height of the screen as your width and height. You can use smaller dimensions and it will fill the rest of the space with black, or you can use larger dimensions but it will crop to only show the center of the animation.

Always make sure your ZIP is created in "store" mode, meaning that it has no compression. And make sure you delete any hidden files inside the ZIP, like "Thumbs.db" from Windows or ".AppleDouble" from a Mac.

Hope this helps!
  24. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

25. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

I Got a question..Do any root users have a hard time putting in a new boot animation?
    I just want to see if there is a lot of you because if there is I can start making update.zip's and just have you flash them via recovery.