Boot Animation GoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed geetniks Stupidfast Kernel 1.2.3 and now my stock boot animation is gone. I reverted back to stock Kernel and still nothing. Anyone know what went wrong?

Advertisement
  2. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

I noticed this behavior when using custom roms, i would suggest you install a full stock version, i'm currently running a stock dj05, everything is there. i had installed a clean dj05 and the boot animations were gone. Unfortunately, i'm not sure which kernels have what since i haven't installed any on my phone yet.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

kernels need to have boot anim's enabled; some of the geeknik kernels dont have this feature I cannot remember exactly which ones but its likely you found one

4. leehblanc

leehblanc Well-Known Member

The DJ05 Stock kernel has animations, and it's reasonably fast. Not as fast as Stupidfast though. I would keep stupidfast and forgo the animations.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

The most current versions of geeknik has boot ani's enabled. Sounds like the OP might be on DI01 if he is on 1.2.3 but that can also be fixed :)

6. leehblanc

leehblanc Well-Known Member

I'm on the latest Stupidfast and I don't have animations. I don't care, so I didn't bother to look into it.

In other news... this is the second forum I've seen you quote me in today... are you trolling me?:p

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member