Boot animation HelpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried to follow these directions I can get to item 6 with no issues but I can not get to the directory in number 7 I can get to c:AndroidSDK. I can not get to the tools section what am I doing wrong what do I have to have opened and where do I have to put it to get this to work. I appreciate all the help and you would think I could do a simple thing like this with these instructions but I am at a lose as to what the heck to do!

Installing the SDK and using ADB

1.) Make sure debug mode is enabled:
    Menu -> settings -> Applications -> Development
    Check the box for USB Debugging.
    2.) Download the SDK from Android SDK | Android Developers

3.) Download HTC Sync from HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

4.) Install HTC Sync (This takes care of any driver issues)
    5.) Extract the SDK to any directory (C:\AndroidSDK is easy to remember) and install.
    6.) Open a command window (Windows key + R -> Type "cmd" hit enter)
    7.) Navigate to your SDK\tools Directory Code:
    cd C:\AndroidSDK\tools
    8.) ADB commands will work from here
    ---------------------------------------------

Installing custom boot animations (Credit to jcase from XDA):

Windows:
    1.) Download the desired animation, rename the zip file to "bootanimation" and move into your Android SDK/Tools folder.
    2.) Run the following adb command to push the animation into the proper place:

Code:
    adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    3.) Enjoy!

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

did you unzip/extract and install the sdk? open the run window (winkey+r) and type explorer........ browse to the android sdk folder and see if you have a tools folder inside...... if you do then its extracted...... did you install...... run the sdksetup.exe in the root sdk folder.....note the exact path to the tools folder in the address bar at the top of that window..... for instance mine is C:\android\androidsdk\tools.........

this path is what you want to type exactly after you type CD

so the command is for me:

cd c:\android\androidsdk\tools

this will bring me to a prompt that has that path in it C:\android\androidsdk\tools>

so just check your path...... and of course whether you even extracted the androidsdk.zip

polizi212 likes this.
  3. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well that was exactly what I needed to jog my brain back into shape. As soon as I read that I had one of those "How did I forget something so simple" Moments! Thank you copestag!!!