Boot animation replacement.

1. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

I apologize if there is already a thread about this, I couldn't find one. I recently rooted my merc to get rid of bloatware and teacher advantage of root only apps. One thing I want to do is get rid of the muve music boot animation. So I've tried downloading 2 different apps for this, and both said they successfully replaced the animation, but upon testing, it's still just Huawei and muve music boot animation. Anyone figured out a way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Do you have the boot.img of the boot animation you want? If you do, you'll need to navigate to data/data/resources/customize and find the current boot animation file, rename the new one to what your current one is and swap them out.

It is very risky using an app to change the boot or down animation. You probably used rom manager to do this right? If so don't use it for changing fonts, boot animation etc.
    lightsleeper23 likes this.
  3. lightsleeper23

Yeah I did try that app. Well I tried navigating to the destination you said in a file manager, but after data/data/, I could not see anything that said resources. Maybe I am not good enough to be trying this. I also wanted to change the color of my status bar icons, but that proved fruitless as well.
  4. lightsleeper23

Ok I found the system boot animation. But, there is two. One is bootanimation.zip and the other is bootanimationex.zip but they look exactly the same. Which one do I replace? On a side note, what happens if you simply delete the boot animation?
  5. DragonSlayer95

Since there are 2 of them, Firstly make a nandroid backup, swap out boot animation . zip and don't forget to rename the new animation first. If that doesn't work. Restore the nandroid to avoid any hiccups and try it with the other one.
  6. lightsleeper23

Well it appears the system has a way to block me from doing this. I tried replacing the original, and the file manager said it did it, but the stick animation mysteriously remained and in fact my custom animation disappeared. Does not appear to be on my phone anymore at all. I was able to make a copy of the stock one, saved it on my SD card for safe keeping, tried to just delete the stock one in the system folder. File manager said "deleted", yet the animation remains in place.
  7. lightsleeper23

Oh, and the only difference was, bootanimation.zip did not have the Huawei logo, where the ex.zip one did.
  8. DragonSlayer95

I've never messed with your type of phone and may in fact not able to change it at all. It could be like htc's s-on.

Well hey at least we tried. Sorry about that unless I can think of another way to help you out.
  9. lightsleeper23

No problem. Many thanks.
  10. lightsleeper23

Figured it out. Got a special file I had to download and install through the custom recovery screen that bypassed the system lockout. Now I can change them at will.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Anybody else who needs help with this, take a look at this thread from CU:

Custom Boot Screen
  12. lightsleeper23

Yes, that's it. It's do easy and it works perfect. It does do away with sound completely, so your boot up is silent. But you can customize the animation all you want. Thanks for posting the link.