Boot animation--reverse engineering

Last Updated:

1. klikmaus

klikmaus Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:

Okay. My android is rooted. It tethers, plays live wallpapers, it does all the other fancy tricks it's supposed to, I can even switch up the boot animations without having to flash the internal memory each time (use the boot animation changer app from the market-- you can go into the downloaded folders and switch what screens are actually shown-- cut-n-paste), but how do you CREATE boot animations?? I understand the whole "slide show of *.png" files, I'm lost at the disc.txt file. Does anyone know what each set of numbers represents? I've fiddled around with this and every time I've put something together, it just don't work. I've got the droid screen followed by the Decepticon symbol spinning around, I've got the one that forms the Decepticon out of pieces, then goes to the matrix rain.... I want the symbol to form, then have the spinning symbol. So far, when I piece it together..... the screen stays black. Any recommendations? I'll post the zip file when it's done, has tons of potential!

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Yeah having the same issues as you. Sorry but I am sure someone can help you out. i am working out theming right now.

3. klikmaus

klikmaus Member This Topic's Starter

I just finished making an almost-from-scratch boot animation. I used a blank animation jpg for a sizing template, plastered in a band logo, and animated a cool skull moving across the bottom of the screen pac-man style. I typed up the desc.txt with notepad++ and zipped to archive with 7zip. There's a thread on SDX's website on boot animations that's really helpful.

here's the boot animation link, at .3 megs, it's too large to directly upload:

Login

Opinions are more than welcome!