• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot Animation

Ok I have the music file changed YAY! (it's the most annoying part anyways) On all the forums though it say's that the bootanimation.zip file is under system (but coudn't find it)... so after a long time looking though root explorer I found it... cust/metropcs/us/media

I changed it, the Huawei thing pops up and then it's a blank screen can't get it to show up... It's not a big deal it's just black for like 5 seconds then boots up... but I kinda wanted it to show something :/

So where did I go wrong or maybe I don't have the right file...? Has anyone had the same problem...?

Or not... :/

I put it in the system/media spot then when I re-booted it just showed the word android so I went to change it because that's not what I wanted but I had a few I wanted so thought I would try the other one out so I deleted the other one and then put in the new one without the .zip... re-booted the phone to check it and it still only does the android word... so I went to go see if I might of done something wrong went back to the system/media spot and now the file is gone! I don't know where it went :/

Upvote 0
Or not... :/

I put it in the system/media spot then when I re-booted it just showed the word android so I went to change it because that's not what I wanted but I had a few I wanted so thought I would try the other one out so I deleted the other one and then put in the new one without the .zip... re-booted the phone to check it and it still only does the android word... so I went to go see if I might of done something wrong went back to the system/media spot and now the file is gone! I don't know where it went :/

There is a new version of bootanimiations installer available on the market, and i am assuming you are rooted, so this may take care of the issue. Personally i use Absolute System Tools to handle any sound/animations on my ascend and it works great.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input mdside71 but I don't want to have to buy a different app just to change my boot animation when I know there is a way to do it through root explorer... I personally just don't know how to do it...

So does anyone know? You think I could just re-add a new boot animation? Should I add it somewhere other then system/media?
this is the only place to put it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones