Boot animationSupport

1. charlynn42

charlynn42 Member

Ok so I flashed a boot animation onto my warp and I expected "girls on a trampoline" to be maybe a cartoon that was cutsie or funny and its um....not........for me anyway...when it flashed it created a partition so I thought id need to wipe it and my stock would return but no...Please help i am a noob thank you Faith:eek:

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Did you flash it as a .zip or swap out the bootanimation in Root Explorer?
    Do you have a backup of the original boot ani or at least a Nandroid you can refer to? Plenty of ways to get back your old (or other) boot animation.
  3. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

"girls on a trampoline" THAT'S A CLASSIC...:captain:
  4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

im recently new to all this stuff but i know what im doing i always suggest grabbing a nandroid stock backup from woodstock (either b08 or b08c) and with adding boot animations i suggest using root explorer (if your phones rooted) and rename the animation (Bootanimation.zip)* and copy or move it into system/media with the sound rename any MP3 file (Bootsound.MP3)* and place it in system/media/ui
    *without parentheses
  5. primetech

primetech Well-Known Member

Root Explorer costs money, and that makes no economic sense. I nominate ES File Explorer for being able to use root and auto-mount your file systems.

You could probably build an update ZIP or two yourself, but if you have custom recovery, you might as well root, move a ZIP on manually, and reboot.
  6. StarScream2109

Well primetech if your like me all you do is google app name.apk and you can usually get them free but root explorer is a system app for me (thanks to woodstock77)
  7. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

Apollo... we do not support that kind of apk discussion and it could get our forum banned. we have been warned before. kindly refrain from such discussion. I thank you
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  8. StarScream2109

Very sorry i did not know such things thank you for informing me
    n0ve likes this.
  9. mholloway

mholloway Well-Known Member

You can also use absolute system to get all kinds of boot animations,i like the ap.
  10. xman95

xman95 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the link and instructions to get back to the Boost Mobile Boot Animation?? I reinstalled the email app using a Zip file from the "All Things Root" section so that I could get my email back (after deleting it) and the install also changed the Boot Animation as well to ANDROID. I want to get back the Boost animnation so that I can return the phone to stock before trying to sell it.

Thanks!!
  11. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member