• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot animation

charlynn42

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Ok so I flashed a boot animation onto my warp and I expected "girls on a trampoline" to be maybe a cartoon that was cutsie or funny and its um....not........for me anyway...when it flashed it created a partition so I thought id need to wipe it and my stock would return but no...Please help i am a noob thank you Faith:eek:

im recently new to all this stuff but i know what im doing i always suggest grabbing a nandroid stock backup from woodstock (either b08 or b08c) and with adding boot animations i suggest using root explorer (if your phones rooted) and rename the animation (Bootanimation.zip)* and copy or move it into system/media with the sound rename any MP3 file (Bootsound.MP3)* and place it in system/media/ui
*without parentheses

Upvote 0
Root Explorer costs money, and that makes no economic sense. I nominate ES File Explorer for being able to use root and auto-mount your file systems.

You could probably build an update ZIP or two yourself, but if you have custom recovery, you might as well root, move a ZIP on manually, and reboot.

Upvote 0
Anyone have the link and instructions to get back to the Boost Mobile Boot Animation?? I reinstalled the email app using a Zip file from the "All Things Root" section so that I could get my email back (after deleting it) and the install also changed the Boot Animation as well to ANDROID. I want to get back the Boost animnation so that I can return the phone to stock before trying to sell it.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones