Boot animations........HELP!!!

Last Updated:

1. somekid13

somekid13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have searched around.do you need to root to change the boot animation? If not where can I find some other ones. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

You do not need to root to install a custom boot animation, what you do need is adb push from the android SDK. Read this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/29230-decepticon-droid-boot-animation.html it will tell you exactly how to do it and give you links to install ADB. You can find some custom boots at droidboots.com as well as in varying forums (including this one) on the interwebs. Enjoy.

3. somekid13

Ok so next question. Can you use astro to load it on there because I found the bootanimation.zip file and was just wondering. Thanks again.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Download a custom boot animation and try moving it to that folder. That'll give you your answer.

You might want to rename the original one bootanimation.zip.old, or something like that.

Sent from my Droid NOT using Tapatalk. :cool:

5. somekid13

Ok so come to find out that the boot animation part is read only. Looks like I am gonna do it the other way.thank you guys.

6. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

Good luck. I promise, as long as you follow the directions scrupulously (I recommend using cut and past for the commands) you should have no problem getting a custom boot.