Boot issues, factory data reset required every few days.

1. sheizer7

sheizer7 New Member

Background Info:
    I have been on the great ROM hunt as most of us have been. I have great luck with most of them I try. I dislike some because I'm a huge Sense fan and they are ASOP, and others just don't suit my taste.

Before I rooted, I used to carry around 2 batteries with me because, well the battery life is atrocious with stock. I love the fact that my battery last 12+ hours with any custom ROM and longer on some. I was getting 15+ with FRESH and the same with EViO.

Now the problem....
    Since I flashed to Fresh, my phone takes FOREVER to boot; usually after putting my music on my SD card (5.5GB on an 8GB card). Also, it isn't as snappy with response to my touch. It lags like a bitch. Since Fresh literally took 12% of my battery to boot and about 45mins was the longest I timed it; I switched to EViO 2 days ago. Today I had the same issue with EViO. I had to FD Reset to get it to boot. It stayed on white htcEVO4G screen for an hour. My phone was off for over an hour putting music on it, but that shouldn't wipe the cache should it?

System info:
    Root-Unrevoked
    ROM-EViO Series 2 1.8
    Kernel-Stock HTC #17
    HBOOT-2.10.0001
    Radio- 2.15.00.11.19
    Recovery- RA 2.3

I was wondering if anyone knew of any compatibility issues or anything of the like that would cause this problem, or even if anyone else has had this problem. I have read so many forums and threads all over the place, but to no avail. I love the EVO, and don't want a different phone, but if this persists I may have no choice :( HELP PLEASE!!!!

Advertisement