• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root boot loader.....

Ok, I would try uninstalling ROM Manager. If you have the premium version, leave that part alone, just uninstall the app itself. Reboot the phone, then reinstall ROM Manger from the market, then try to flash CWM. If that doesn't work, I'll find you a link to a CWM image that you can flash via ADB.

Btw, what ROM are you running?

Upvote 0
Here's the author's link to download CWM2501 for the Evo:

http://koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-supersonic.img

If RM won't work, you can flash it the same way you flashed Amon, just substitute "recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-supersonic.img" instead of the Amon file name. Once you do, you'll be back to CWM as your default recovery image.

Earlier, you said you preferred Amon RA. You can just leave this in the root of your card and not flash it. That way, you'll have the ability to flash either one, but it will still default to Amon.

I would also keep a copy of both Amon and CWM on your PC. If your SD card acts up again, you'll have them whenever you need them.

Reactions: bcrtj457
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones