BOOT LOGO(help me change it)

Last Updated: 2013-10-29 09:57:47
  1. jnut187

jnut187 Active Member

okay so yea u got rid of metro boot logo but why do we need 2 lg boot logos ewww can someone please tell me how to replace the second boot logo on cm7 i would like to change it to this [​IMG]

please help

Advertisement
  2. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

First you need to make that picture into a .rle image. Don't ask me how to do that lol. I haven't had a chance to learn it yet. But once you figured that out just replace it in the main folder once you open root explorer it will be named "init" replace that. And rename the old one to init.old just invade it doesn't work. and give it the right permissions.
  3. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Well-Known Member

I turned the image he wanted into an rle image just to give it a go. Replaced the init file with the rle image. Set the permissions and all. Backed up old init etc etc etc. Did not work ;) I wonder if it has another name?? Also. I think I might be able to change the charging logo when the phone is turned off :cool:
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

I change em out in the boot.img when I have it unpacked by replacing the initlogo.rle n then repack the boot.img and then flash it. I've never replaced it on the phone.
    AndroidHogs likes this.
  5. AndroidHogs

What Playfulgods said. I remembered in order to change it you'll have to either use adb or just extract the boot image. If you can give me what rom your using ill extract it all. And if you give me the rle file of various pics or give a guide on how you did it. Ill do what pics people want. :+)
  6. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

7. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

I don't think replacing it on device/phone works fine. Once I tried it on my galaxy mini and then rebooted and to my surprise the same old boot imgae showed up even when I have replaced the old once. So, it basically suggest you need to compile it or pack it with boot.img file and then flash it on your device to make it working.

@ ghost-rider, watch this video to learn how to convert png to rle and vice versa.
    Handy Informations: [Video] How To Covert PNG Image To RLE Format?

:)
  8. AndroidHogs

That method worked successfully. I unpacked boot.img with dsixda kitchen and changed the initlogo with the alienware pic you posted
  9. jnut187

jnut187 Active Member

can you do it with this rom CM7.2RC0-MS690-BobZhome-020212.zip an then send me a download please with the alienware as second splash screen
  10. AndroidHogs

Boot.img with alienware 2nd splash screen for Bobzhome rom.
    http://db.tt/cQIeCcAk
    Just use dsixda kitchen to replace the other boot.img then compile entire rom then flash.
  11. jnut187

jnut187 Active Member

i dont have linux thats why i needed someone to just do it an give me the rom im getting backtrack 5 now though
  12. AndroidHogs

You can use dsixda kitchen on windows Google it :)
  13. ChiweN

ChiweN Well-Known Member Contributor

I wonder if you can do this with rom toolbox... hmm
  14. AndroidHogs

The thing ill do is make a flash able image for the second boot splash so you can have it and if someone can get me a bunch 320x480 images to convert would be nice. As I have the optimus m and can try it first so I know it works.
  15. mario0318

mario0318 Well-Known Member

Would you mind doing this one for me? :p

[​IMG]

I attached the converted image as .rle format as zip since it doesn't like uploading .rle

EDIT: Nvm. I thought you meant to have it flashed in boot.img

Attached Files:

16. AndroidHogs

I can do boot image if you want just let me know what rom your using
  17. mario0318

mario0318 Well-Known Member

I'm using Bobzhome, but I'm using his CM 7.1 11-13-11 build, not the latest ones with CM 7.2. Do you need a copy of that ROM?
  18. AndroidHogs

19. jnut187

jnut187 Active Member

okay so i got it all working an i replaced the initlogo with my alienware pic converted to rle of course but now how do i repack it say i need to unpack before i see repack wwhen ive already unpacked an edited it anyone wana help me pack it back up :p
  20. AndroidHogs

OK if your using dsixda kichen you will put your rom inside original folder. Then proceed. Open up dsixda kichen. Then first do option 1 that should be set up working folder. Do all that until its all unzipped. Now go to option 0 this should be advance settings. Go pick option 20 now. This is boot.img settings. Now first pick option "w" this will unpack the image. Now proceed until it says press enter. And leave it. You should now have a folder called BOOT-EXTRACTED. Change your initlogo now back to kitchen pick option "b" to build it. After that is done. Pick option 99 to build your rom back up. Pick option "1" then proceed. If you have a edify script I believe the second one should be "n" then sign your rom then flash your zip. Ill do a better guide later I hope this helped.
    mario0318 likes this.
  21. vykintux

vykintux New Member

Hi all! I've installed JB_Stock_Fleet_1.0 on my huawei u8650 and it's changed first boot animation, when you just turn on phone it's show huawei animation, but not after this ROM installation, becouse it changed that first boot animation. I don't like that and I just please help, how to change that?

Thanks