boot loop after unability to unroot

Last Updated:

1. slidellsimba

slidellsimba Member This Topic's Starter

so i rooted my sprint hero with google fw1.5 following the directions for manual root here... http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/38911-guide-root-rom-faq-tutorial.html

after doing so i was researching roms and what little tweaks i was interested in before i proceed any further. my main reason was to tether, i was successful in tethering via usb but speeds were too slow so i opted that it was nice if i HAD to use it but i wouldnt rely on it... anyway, i tried and was able to root, not so bad since there is so much knowledge here and i can follow instructions(i think), and im not new to forum research and tuts seeing as i was modding xboxes before Katrina, i figured with research and trial i would prevail, but as i got to the last step and i entered "reboot recovery" it sat there for 20 min or so and nothing, so i left it overnight thinking it might just be me and impatience, so when i woke u and it was stil at the HTC screen i took battery out and went to the tut and looked for guidance... only thing i could think was unroot and do the autoroot route.... i tried continually to find a way to unroot my hero, using the same link above and using the RUU there. the ruu program gave me error 140 the 3 times i tried it. so i went in search of another method since i kept hearing of "with google" phones being more difficult, and ironically wishing to be flamed for asking questions which are obviously answered with searches if i look. so i decide upon suggestion from another troubleshooting post that recovery booting will solve my issues, so i tried that multiple times and every time it booted normal until i found that some heros use "vol down + power" for prompt instead of "home + power" so i get into the hboot/speedboot/recovery menu, hit home for recovery and nothing except a freeze at the htc screen again. so i remembered seeing a "reset phone" option in there so i speed boot, reset phone, it reboots and i start getting force close errors from htc sense, and it reboots and looped ever since. i have an adapter from mini sd to sd and can read my heros sd card on pc and even luckily have a complete backup of when it worked zipped on my pc, but i am not sure how to go about fixing this.... i also have access to my wifes hero if i could use files from hers to fix mine

sorry for doing whatever it was that i did to mess it up and force me to post in a non contributing way for my first time but, im a n00b i suppose and i didnt read enough, sadly since i read for the last 4 days and 2 prior to doing anyhing

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

if you reboot and hold home while it boots.. does it get to a black and green screen?
    if yes, did you have a nandroid backup to restore to?
    if no, try holding volume down while it boots.
    remember, hold either home or volume down until it has booted into recovery.

if not, which RUU did you try? was it the 1.56 version? if so did you get an error 110?

slidellsimba likes this.
  3. slidellsimba

slidellsimba Member This Topic's Starter

problem fixed. i have a buddy that does tech work in a local sprint store. he showed me how to hard reset the phone. he laughed because he said he usually only sees firmware problems on blackberrys.... anyway for my phone, the "with google" sprint hero 1.5, it was as follows:

-power off
    -press and hold home
    -press and hold back
    -press and release power

it will boot into a menu similar to the fastboot, but it will give the option to erase user data, select yes by hitting designated button and BAM, i am free to try and brick it again!!!

thanks again for the help and i BELIEVE i may have just not correctly dont the nandroid...

as a consolation prize, he ordered me a new phone to swap since mine had a dent in a corner from an incident where me hero used the powers within to jump from my hand.... anyway, im free to play with this one now and get a new one monday so ill give it another try, or 2 until i figure it out