• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot loop after wrong Superwipe.zip

Wam7

Lurker
Jun 8, 2014
While going through a day of flashing Lollipop ROM's I was about to try the Biftor 4.4.4 ROM for the i9505 INTL and (stupidly) used a CWM wiping script that I used for my S2 (originally came with Biftor ROM S2 i9100) .

During the wipe process it hung. After an hour I had to pull the battery and try flashing a ROM. I tried to flash a couple of ROMs using TWRP and also Philz CWM, they install just fine but after the reboot to system it always stops just before boot animation with two vibrations and keeps looping. I even tried to restore from a CWM backup but the same thing. Pic of error message in standard recover attached.

My phone was purchased from T-Mobile in the UK and is the old bootloader without KNOX and I would like to keep it that way. Will flashing an official UK EE stock 4.2.2 firmware without KNOX fix this?

Attachments

• PC153072.JPG
    PC153072.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 120
You will need to download this Android 4.2.2 stock Samsung firmware for EE, pre Knox...

Model: GT-I9505

Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE

Version:

Changelist: N/A

Build date: N/A

Product Code: EVR

PDA: I9505XXUAMDD

CSC: I9505EVRAMDA

MODEM: I9505XXUAMDD

...and flash it by carefully reading and following the instructions and video in #1.5 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

You can then re-root by following the instructions in posts #1 -> #4 of the Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide

For more details on Knox Security, see, Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones