boot loop and odin mode

1. pinkay

pinkay New Member

help please :( ... my phone went into a boot loop, i'm not sure what went wrong :confused:, though earlier i was playing with advance task manager and memory optimizer, i wanted to reset it thru recovery mode, unfortunately it went directly to odin download mode. how can i reset my phone? thanx!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum pinkay and thanks for joining.

It sounds like you are coming to need to reflash your firmware. So download your firmware from samfirmware and extract it so you have a .tar file
    SamMobile Firmware Page

Then download Odin and install on your pc
    Odin 3 v1.85
    Open Odin and put the firmware .tar in the pda box and tick pda. Do not tick or untick anything else. Attach your phone using your usb cable while in download mode and press start.
    pinkay likes this.
  3. pinkay

pinkay New Member

hi shotgun84, thanx for the warm welcome...

i was able to go to recovery mode by pressing volume up + home and power button, and was able to wipe my phone. unfortunately (again! seems like Friday the 13th is catching on me) while i was trying to restore it, my friend pressed some buttons that made my whole launcher up side down. instead of going to recovery mode, i opted to reset my phone settings from the reset option. now whenever i turn my phone on, it will just display the samsung logo and nothing else. i went to download mode and flash a siyah kernel, but it didn't do me any good.

Btw, i was using a custom rom, Slim ICS and Siyah v3.3.3d kernel.
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Do you have a nandroid backup? If you do and can get into recovery mode again, restore this. If not flash some stock firmware with Odin and it should get your phone running again. You will then be able to reroot and then reinstall your Rom.

I'll move this over to the all things root forum.
    pinkay likes this.
  5. pinkay

pinkay New Member

thank you got my phone working! flashed CWM5 kernel, then installed my rom.
  6. czech05

czech05 New Member

For some reason out of the blue all my phone does on my galaxy nexus is load the nexus symbol in the loading screen and when i press down vol button and power button at the same time to the boot screen, this screen shows up saying start and under that downloading guess its in odin mode so im stuck I read up top that u said maybe re install firmware if you can help that be great!! :(
  7. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member