Boot Loop - Any Hard Reset??Support

Last Updated: 2012-01-08 19:59:20
  1. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

I achieved getting lost enough to put my Samsung Admire R720 into a continuous boot loop after screwing up an upgrade to 2.3.6

On power on, it does boot sequence of
    Samsung logo including "www.samsung.com"
    logo SCH-R720
    animated outer space Samsung logo with sound
    Samsung Logo, fades between focused and blurred.
    buzzes, and then goes continually to boot step 4

Reinstalling 2.3.6 with the camera button / plug in USB cable did not help.
    Is there any other hard-reset button combination for this phone??

Advertisement
    cbernat13 likes this.
  2. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Found the solution in another post
    written by shinyside

Hard reset.
    1) down volume key
    2) back key
    3) power key
    all together till samsung logo comes up

Then I choose

Wipe data/ factory reset

Got it.
    cercel and cbernat13 like this.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Lol, I was going to post the same solution, stupid phone said there were no replies.
    cbernat13 likes this.
  4. cbernat13

cbernat13 New Member

I put my Admire into a boot loop while attempting to root. Followed the hard reset instructions, but instead of choosing Wipe data/factory reset, I simply chose the Reboot option. Brought me back into the system without losing data. May or may not save time for some. Hope it helps.

1) Pulled battery (*This may or may not have been what actually fixed the issue)
    2) Followed Hard reset instructions

3) Chose the Reboot option instead of Wipe Data option
    4) Loaded back into the system to try it all over.

Thank you Shinyside, Gelige, and Tokenpoke, for the guidance, confirmation, instruction, etc. etc. :D Very much appreciated!

I am still a noob that is taking risks for the sake of learning
    . I am not saying this is a correct solution. I am only contributing the path I chose to get out of my mess. There are much more qualified members, such as the previously thanked, that will tell you it is your own risk with no one but yourself to blame if you brick your phone. (Even though you are probably aware of the risk if you are reading this. ...)
  5. SpawnHyuuga

SpawnHyuuga Well-Known Member

Lacking these options, I've bootlooped my Admire twice since I got onto 2.3.6.
    Sometimes, the Factory Default reset, wasn't working out. If you're on 2.3.6, keep the ODIN installation tool that you used to get 2.3.6 the first time, and just reflash. You're good to go!