Boot loop in stock 1.5 firmware

Last Updated:

1. Lizzrd

Lizzrd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find anything applicable to my problem...

My Sprint Hero disliked something last night and the calendar went wonky, so I did a reset and restored from MyBackupPro just before going to bed. Everything looked fine before shuteye.

This morning, all screens were blank save the wallpaper, so I restored again. I powered off as is standard after a restore, and ever since powering back on, I've been stuck on the "HTC" part of the splash screen. I've powered on/off with no change. I can't hard reset from this stage, as I know of no method besides the settings menu.

Any help appreciated - I'm dead in the water!! :eek:

Edit: Have found reset method using buttons, but doesn't take me to the same reset screen. I come to a screen with the 3 Androids on skateboards and options to reset, but none of the buttons do anything here... Still hanging on the "HTC" screen.

Advertisement
  2. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

The 3 androids on skateboards screen, the trackball becomes the button to be used there!

Lizzrd likes this.
  3. Lizzrd

Pressed trackball - saw activity. Now it reads:

CLEARSTORAGE
    Clear.....
    Done.
    <MENU> Reset Device

Trackball does nothing now. :confused: Tips welcomed...and thanks in advance!

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Correct. See where it says <Menu> Reset Device. Press the Menu button on the phone. It will reset back to factory.

Lizzrd likes this.
  5. Lizzrd

Bless you...

Having managed to become rather nimble on Palm OS devices (with the help of my pals on MTDN), I'd forgotten how it felt to get clammy, cold and panicky when I couldn't solve my own probs.

You guys are MUCH appreciated!! :D