• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boot loop problem! NEED HELP!!

rg_2714

Lurker
May 15, 2014
hey guys. so my phone is stuck on a boot loop apparently.. i heard it can be fixed by doing a factory reset. but i want to get all my files out of there before doing a factory reset. so my question is... how can i access the phones internal memory from windows to retrieve my pics,music videos and everything without the phone actually being completely booted?

the phone is motorola electrify 2. exactly what it does is when i turn it on i get the motorola logo. then it goes to the us cellular logo and it stays there with these curvy lines appearing and disappearing (this is normal. it also happens with my other electrify 2.. except after a few seconds the working one goes to the lock screen as opposed to the broken one which just stays in that screen) the phone wasnt rooted or anything.. in case thats useful information. thanks

Ive never really dealt with rooting or flashing so let me get things straight... flashing ROM is to like.... change the operating system so to speak? And if so does this mean that I can flash the ROM (use an alternative android software to get my data out) THEN do the factory reset to go back to the phones original ROM/settings or whatever?

Upvote 0
No Brainz was just saying that for if you are using a custom rom but you arent :thumbup:
Ive never had a motorolla but the first thing id do is find out how to boot into "safe mode" and see if it will boot fully.
If it doesnt boot, next step would be to find out how to get into "recovery mode" and in there "clear cache partition".
If no one with a moto jumps in here, google those terms including your phone model in the search :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones