• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot loop

Just off station road (millarston area - i think that's what they call it lol) you? Im an interlouper though, originally Ayrshire.

Just moved to Causeyside St. Right nxt to Canal St train station. Im originally from Neilston, kinda where glasgow meets ayrshire.
So i take it u say KEN and get slagged for it here :-D

Upvote 0
Lol u duno what a ned is? Basically the peeps you see with tracksuits on that dont do sport. And you know what junkies are. Those skinny zombies you see walkin about with sunk in, dead eyes :D
Lol add me on google+ if you use it. "Smity Smith" :)
P.s, you live in the west-end of paisley... smack city. Be careful :thumbup:

lol, cromptons grove/turners avenue area so im like so far west im nearly in elderslie lol - not quite near smack city. Although all the stories people have told me about the street along from ASDA (ferguislie park)... took a drive through there one day when the main road was closed, it dosent look as bad as people make it out to be - i was surprised they have made new houses and put junkies back into them :eek: to be fair, ive lived here for 4-5 years now and never had any bother, i think people make paisley out to be far worse than it actually is.

I dont think the neds want to mess with a crazy ayrshire bitch either lol. I will give as good as i get.

Upvote 0
Well a wudny mess wi u lol.
aye the violence in paisley has calmed down a lot but ive seen my fair share of it lol. Ferguslie Park (Feegy) isnt so bad, i have friends there. Youre far enough away from the town centre to be away frm it. Around Well Street is bad. Heroin is a huge problem though, you seen the queues outside the chemists for methadone in the morning? And the town is slowly dying, the big shopping centres have ruined it. I love Paisley though :)

Upvote 0
Well a wudny mess wi u lol.
aye the violence in paisley has calmed down a lot but ive seen my fair share of it lol. Ferguslie Park (Feegy) isnt so bad, i have friends there. Youre far enough away from the town centre to be away frm it. Around Well Street is bad. Heroin is a huge problem though, you seen the queues outside the chemists for methadone in the morning? And the town is slowly dying, the big shopping centres have ruined it. I love Paisley though :)

lol, one of my work colleagues usually slags me for the way i say fegi, brediland road and lounsdale (pub). shes like you need to learn to speak right ha! To be honest i haven't actually seen much like that, im very rarely in town (just because its dead). i quite like a visit to hamishes hoose for some fodder lol. my docs is up king street and i never see any junkies there either - i must walk about with my eyes shut, or im up too early in the mornings for them.

I like where i live, used to be a country bumpkin but i hate the busy life of Glasgow, so paisley is so handy for everything, m8, airport, M77, Xscape, phoenix, etc.

Upvote 0
Whats the chances of a faulty sim card causing the reboot issues im seeing?

I stuck sim card in an old nokia N73 this morning to do me at work but ive just noticed it was off...... coincidence? (it is old right enough and it never came back on).

It is not impossible, easiest way to check is get hold of your networks PAYG SIM and try that. Usually 99p from newsagents. You don't even have to top it up or register yourself to it, just stick it in and call it to make sure its working.

Upvote 0
Update:

I took the phone to carphone warehouse on my lunch break, they tech guys said he has alot of S3's with various issues they have a backlog and that you can go back to the 4.2.1 (or was it 4.1.2) that if i wanted to leave the phone with them it would take approx 14 days - eh don't think so. Apparently he said samsung are also working on a patch too.

I will have a bash at flashing the 4.3 tonight and wiping everything, with a new sim card to rule out mine (just incase) and take it from there. I see there is alot of angry people on the Samsung mobile facebook page lol. I couldn't find any official update from samsung about a patch though.

Upvote 0
Finally......i THINK (fingers crossed) i have fixed the issue, re flashed phone, wiped cache and did a reset just to make sure (all without the sim in). Have set all my apps up again, etc the only thing that annoyed me was for some reason google back up never remembered my wifi passwords so have to enter them again. Will see how the phone goes over the next few days.

Thanks to all for helping me - i couldn't have done it without you. :D

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Just root it n flash a custom rom pal. Samsung firmware is poison for this otherwise amazin phone.
Mrs Logik goes to Hamishes on a thursday night for the kareoke.
We're goin to The Yard i think tonight then party at ours.
Have a good one pal :beer:

:eek: Dont thin im brave enough!! Its still under warranty, hmm!

Im having a quiet one tonight, then a party at mine tomorrow until late hehe! Same to you pal, aw the best for 2014! :smokingsomb:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones