• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot looping / will not shut off or recovery

I got my Moto e 4g wet (submerged for a minute) a few days ago. I made a bag of rice and threw it in there (unfortunately I also found out the battery isn't removable!). At the beginning it went into bootloader but not further and would stay on the screen. Now, 2 days since it was in the rice, it has been looping all night - sometimes going straight to the recovery splash screen and restart again...and sometimes the initial Motorola splash screen and restart again. I can get into bootloader with vol. down+power but it only wants to restart after about 3 seconds -- not to mention the power button to select factory reset or any other function isn't working, only the volume up/down buttons.
I have noticed that if I hold the vol.up+power as I'm connected to my laptop I can use fastboot commands successfully.
Does anyone have any advice for me. I just bought the thing few weeks ago and my favorite phone. Thanks.

The absolute worst thing you can do is to have power on while it is wet.

For the fist time ever I dropped a Turbo 2 into a pail of mop water for 5 seconds with the power on. I immediately took it out and powered off. I placed it in rice for 12 hours and then powered it on. It will totally discharge ion 5-6 hours and takes a long time to do some things like booting up.

I replaced it.

I think you will be replacing your phone. When you do you can probably get an additional insurance policy that will cover water damage to the new phone.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones