Boot Stuck Need Help

Last Updated:

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried using RomManager and Clockwork to restore my phone to a previous Rom and now my phone won't boot at all. I try going to recovery and it just goes to a triangle with an exclamation point inside and a phone.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

that means you lost your Clockworkmod recovery - not the backup rom you made mind you - just the Clockworkmod ability

so, and others can correct me, but using the directions "How to Root 2.2 from Windows" found here in the sticky, you will have to flash a recovery onto your phone - a PITA but possible as many do it - and then you can get a recovery and then flash back your old ROM.

this means using RSD Lite and flashing SPRecovery SBF file to get a recovery back on your phone to then flash your old ROM back.

3. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so oddly enough i was pissed off and frustrated (day wasnt going great before this), so I decided to set my phone down and go for a little walk. I came back and it was booted. I got into rom manager and reflashed CW and its all good now. Not sure what happened that it booted though cuz i tried for like 20 min to get it to boot before. Oh well, all is good now.

4. Lock-N-Load

hmmm.. maybe heat build up was causing the boot loop

So, make sure you have that ROM backup you want for the future just in case and check your recovery boot ability - power up + x - to make sure you can reliably boot into recovery so IF you need to, you can. if not, you can use ROM Manager to "flash an alternate recovery" (bottom of ROM Manager list) and then reflash clockworkmod again.

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Thats good advice there .... on my last rom manager update from the market ... they advised doing just that after updateing because they were having issues lately :rolleyes:

I was just trying to load a new kernel and kept getting stuck on the "M" and had to do battery pulls ... all good now tho :)

6. Cotton McKnight

Cotton McKnight New Member

That is funny, I let it sit for a few minutes too, then accidentally pressed volume up and back to normal we go. the good ole boot loader option screen let me reboot, then the manual re flashing began. :)

7. edski1133

edski1133 Member

im having a clockwork problem. im new to all of the root things. but everytime i try to reboot into recovery it sits on the "M" screen for about 60 seconds then reboots to my main screen.... i dont get why. i tried to flash an alternate recovery then refresh the clockworkmod but it didnt work. any suggestions?

8. Lock-N-Load

so your trying to boot into recovery via ROM Manager?

Have you just tried cycling the power and holding the power + X key and try to boot into it that way?

you might also read this

9. edski1133

edski1133 Member

ya ive tried that a couple times. same result. i just tried to backup my current rom just to see if it would do that and the same thing happened with the white "M" screen.