Boot up speed

1. justinyun2748

justinyun2748 Active Member

My fascinate literally takes 4 minutes to boot up... i dont know how to fix it... an ideas??

and anyone know how to get "wired tether" to work on the fascinate?
    I got a cr-48 from google, and i dont know how to tether it... or any other ways to tether?

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

man thats slow, whats your step up like? Even a bone stock SF should be under a minute, let alone something tinkered with approaching 30 seconds
  3. justinyun2748

wat do you mean by step up??
  4. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

He means by "set up" are you running anything special or is it stock
  5. justinyun2748

I rooted mine... Is there a way to restore the phone like the thing with the ipod touch?
  6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Yes you can odin the phone back.to.stock and unroot as well...,see friscos root stickie in this forum. :)
  7. davidnmegan6907

If your only problem is boot up time why unroot for that? You can change your boot animation
  8. nitsuj17

fwiw the boot ani should have no real effect on system boot time :)
  9. davidnmegan6907

When I flashed from jt's .5 to .9 I went from the android man with flashes to the samsung logo and I'm 100% sure it takes 8-9 secs longer;)
  10. nitsuj17

even 9 seconds longer wouldnt account for the ops extended boot time...i mean ive never timed boot anis but they are really just screen savers playing while the phone boots
  11. davidnmegan6907

Yea I got ya thats how I understood it to. Thats y I couldn't understand why it took longer than when I was on .5 I'm going to switch to another boot when I get a chance to see if its just the rom
  12. nitsuj17

is that the boot speed everytime you reboot?
  13. davidnmegan6907

Yes it is;)
  14. nitsuj17

15. justinyun2748

How do you remove voodoo or kernal?
    I'm trying get wired tether app to work so I can tether my cr-48
  16. nitsuj17

do you have a voodoo kernel installed? and if so which version dio1 old voodoo or dj05 voodoo5
  17. justinyun2748

i'm not sure... i'll post a pic in like 5 mins... but if I go back to stock, would it change the boot up time?
    and whats the difference between going back to stock with odin, and just faculty resetting it?
  18. nitsuj17

odin will take your phone all the way and remove all mods you made to if you flash the neccessary files....factory reset will just basically nuke your data
  19. justinyun2748

I have no clue how to put my picture...

Hardware version - i500.04
    Model Number - SCH-I500
    Firmware Version - 2.1-update1
    Baseband version - S:i500.04 V.DH12
    Kernal version - 2.6.29
    Build number - SCH-I500.DH12
  20. justinyun2748

So what do you think I should do to change the boot up speed?
  21. nitsuj17

i cant tell if you have voodoo installed from that...but wow...dh12 system is really old though....the easiest way to get to dio1 would be pushing all the dio1 odin files...you can get linked to them from friscos root sticky
  22. justinyun2748

Oh... I had voodoo but i tried uninstalling it so I used the uninstall.zip file... I cant still figure out how to adb... any ideas on adb, and instructions on how to do it?
  23. davidnmegan6907

Has anyone tried flashing the boot animations in sonofskywalker in rom manager
  24. nitsuj17

25. nitsuj17

they work...it just automatically puts in a boot ani instead of you doing it manually :)
    davidnmegan6907 likes this.