• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boot up time varies from 1 minute to 15 seconds

On the rare occasions when closing an app causes my phone to reboot (usually a dodgy game), it does seem to take about a minute to boot up again.

I can only imagine it's performing various filesystem checks while booting to tidy up anything that went wrong, much like Windows ScanDisk or fsck on Linux.

But you say there's no pattern, so presumably in your case it's not following an 'unclean' reboot ?

Upvote 0
On the rare occasions when closing an app causes my phone to reboot (usually a dodgy game), it does seem to take about a minute to boot up again.

I can only imagine it's performing various filesystem checks while booting to tidy up anything that went wrong, much like Windows ScanDisk or fsck on Linux.

But you say there's no pattern, so presumably in your case it's not following an 'unclean' reboot ?

your explanation makes sense. if i had a lot of apps installed on a 32G card, will it also cause a longer boot up time?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones