Boot Up Time

Last Updated:

1. Mark1987

Mark1987 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering how long everyone's phone takes to boot up to a state where you can actually use the phone without any lag occuring.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Maybe 45 seconds to include sd scanning

3. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

When I first put in my 32gig card with 20gig of music, it took forever to scan. Now I would say under a minute.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I need a bigger sd card. The only one I could find was a 4gig class 4 at bestbuy.

5. JDM9499

JDM9499 Well-Known Member

Mine takes about 4-5 min to boot. I'm including the time for SD and Media scanning.

That brings up my question, why does it take minutes for my phone to scan? I only have 78 music files, and two movies that are under 1gb each. When I do a reset, I just set my phone down, and come back to it after 5 minutes. It can get really frustrating when I need to use the phone right away to make a phone call, because while the phone is scanning, it causes major lag...

Any ideas? Solutions?

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

What kinda card are u using?

7. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

I just tested mine a few times. Each time took more than 2 minutes to get to a state where there was no obvious bootup lag. I don't have a secondary SD card, and only have about 100 songs on the internal SD, and a handful of videos and small photos. I don't think the media scanner is totally the issue (although I've noticed the media scanner runs twice, despite not having a second SD.)

Normally it's not a big deal, except on those rare occasions where it decides it can't send text messages and I need to reboot to have it start behaving correctly.

The only thing non-stock that I'm running at bootup is Startup Cleaner Pro, and using that to block the startup of several system apps (Hotspots, Daily Briefing, Google Talk, Instant Messaging, Maps.)

Even from day one, it was a slow boot. No idea why. Overall, though, I'll live with a slow bootup to have the other cool features. :)

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Painfully long. Haven't timed it... I just try not to reboot very often. Rarely have a need to.

9. digitaldevil

digitaldevil Member

Still beats the hell out of my Bold 9000's boot up times.....

10. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

I like to listen to a podcast with my breakfast at work. I used to wait until then to boot up my phone. Not only did I have the start-up lag, it freezes while Listen looks for more podcasts. Between turning the phone on and getting the podcast to start playing, it was several minutes.

I've changed my flow to boot up the phone when I get up and then open up Listen right away too.

Now when breakfast comes around, I'm ready to roll. :)

11. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

Mine takes just under a minute as well. Not too long at all.

12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Or my iPhone 3G jailbroken

13. haison

haison Active Member

Mine takes 3 or 4 minutes. I have a 16GB external card and the following widgets: Twitter, Facebook, Launcher Pro Plus People and Bookmarks, Beautiful Home Weather. I also have SetCPU running at startup. It doesn't bother me too much to wait that long, but taking all the widgets away and turning off SetCPU to load on start takes about 1 minute before everything is settled.

14. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

i've seen posts that the lag fix makes the phone usable during the time when the media scanning and such is going on at boot up. I hope froyo is able to do the same.