• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [bootanimation] 3D Blue Bumblebee (honeycomb)

I've been running the honeybread theme for apex on my droid x (which is the best looking theme out there in my opinion) and decided to create this 3D bootanimation to go along with it. It looks great on my device, very smooth (the youtube video doesn't do it justice).

See it in action on YouTube

Comp-4_000018.png

Download Here - Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 134
Reactions: chacen.droid
OK! soo i might be a little new to this whole thing, but i can't seem to get the boot animation to unzip when in recovery mode it starts to load then it doesn't do anything... i am really new to rooting haha well only 5 days old into it :) i have bricked my phone but i was smart enough to get out of bricked but i guess i am not smart enough to know how to get this boot logo on my phone haha :)

i am running Apex with Honeybread and have the blue bumblebee logo inplace of the moto logo when starting my phone.. the apex boot animation comes up after that, but i would much rather it be the bumblebee :) so any help would be super awesome :)

thanks!

Upvote 0
OK! soo i might be a little new to this whole thing, but i can't seem to get the boot animation to unzip when in recovery mode it starts to load then it doesn't do anything... i am really new to rooting haha well only 5 days old into it :) i have bricked my phone but i was smart enough to get out of bricked but i guess i am not smart enough to know how to get this boot logo on my phone haha :)

i am running Apex with Honeybread and have the blue bumblebee logo inplace of the moto logo when starting my phone.. the apex boot animation comes up after that, but i would much rather it be the bumblebee :) so any help would be super awesome :)

thanks!

I'm pretty sure this is not meant to be installed like that.

I am assuming that you have the "bootanimation.zip" file on your sdcard?
You just need to copy that file to the /data/local (not - /sdcard/data) folder with root explorer or astro file manager, and reboot.
It should work. I am not running Apex, so hopefully this is correct. :D

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this is not meant to be installed like that.

I am assuming that you have the "bootanimation.zip" file on your sdcard?
You just need to copy that file to the /data/local (not - /sdcard/data) folder with root explorer or astro file manager, and reboot.
It should work. I am not running Apex, so hopefully this is correct. :D

Good luck!

thanks :) but i couldn't find /data/local in my astro file manger hmm also i am guessing this isn't made to work with CW? thats what i use over the root explorer cause i had issues with REx and decided i didn't want to risk bricking my phone with it hahaha... i guess all i can ask is that if possible making this CW workable :)

Upvote 0
thanks :) but i couldn't find /data/local in my astro file manger hmm also i am guessing this isn't made to work with CW? thats what i use over the root explorer cause i had issues with REx and decided i didn't want to risk bricking my phone with it hahaha... i guess all i can ask is that if possible making this CW workable :)

On my phone (a droid x) I don't use /data/local either. I have the bootanimation.zip in /system/media

Try placing it in there and see if that works for you

Upvote 0

You are right, I just tried Astro and could not see the contents of /data
You should get root explorer, well worth the money.

Either that or you could use a terminal to copy the file. slightly harder.
Download Android Terminal Emulator (free) It might already be on Apex; run terminal emulator:
Make sure the bootanimation.zip file is on the root of your sdcard
-type

su

It should ask for root permissions, allow it. If the keyboard goes away, don't panic, just hold the hard menu button on the left of the hard home button. then type -

cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local

Make sure you put a space between the "cp" and "/sdcard" and also "bootanimaton.zip" and "/data"

That should do it. :D

On my phone (a droid x) I don't use /data/local either. I have the bootanimation.zip in /system/media

Try placing it in there and see if that works for you

I believe to use the /system/media folder, you will need root explorer and do the "Mount R/W" before placing the bootanimation.zip file there. Astro won't be able to access it.

Upvote 0
You are right, I just tried Astro and could not see the contents of /data
You should get root explorer, well worth the money.

Either that or you could use a terminal to copy the file. slightly harder.
Download Android Terminal Emulator (free) It might already be on Apex; run terminal emulator:
Make sure the bootanimation.zip file is on the root of your sdcard
-type

su

It should ask for root permissions, allow it. If the keyboard goes away, don't panic, just hold the hard menu button on the right of the hard home button. then type -

cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local

Make sure you put a space between the "cp" and "/sdcard" and also "bootanimaton.zip" and "/data"

That should do it. :D

I believe to use the /system/media folder, you will need root explorer and do the "Mount R/W" before placing the bootanimation.zip file there. Astro won't be abvle to access it.

You should be able to use /system/media folder and it should work fine. The only difference is that the phone looks "first" in /data/local for bootanimation before looking in /system/media......so if you have something in both folders, it will always play what's in /data/local.

Reactions: emaN resU
Upvote 0
You should be able to use /system/media folder and it should work fine. The only difference is that the phone looks "first" in /data/local for bootanimation before looking in /system/media......so if you have something in both folders, it will always play what's in /data/local.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm definitely no expert. :p
I always use /data/local for that reason, then if I want to go back to the default boot ani, I just remove the file from /data/local.
Don't you need to mount r/w for /system/media? Or, do you need to do that for /data/local as well?
I usually just use the terminal.

Upvote 0
Bumblebee1.zip

This installs to both /system/media/bootanimation.zip and /data/local/bootanimation.zip. Overkill, I know. But this is the end all solution.
Before flashing make sure data is mounted in mounts and storage (in CWM) it should read unmount data

I think he had installed one of the zips I did before, I'm thinking the Propoganda with sound, which installs to /data/local.

"Overkill" I don't know why, but it cracked me up :p;):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones