Booting into recovery

Last Updated:

1. rrwantr

rrwantr Member This Topic's Starter

Rooted my and the wifes Dx with Z4. Installed Boostrap, made a backup and did the 928 black glass update that deodexs also. Everything worked well.
    I'm just wondering, sometimes when I do a normal power down and power up it'll go into clockwork recovery and I have to choose reboot now. This doesn't always happen, just once in a while? Any ideas why?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It's supposed to happen, especially if something goes wrong with your installation and you brick or freeze.

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Exactly. The DX is a difficult device to mod because of the locked bootloader. Thats where the Bootstrap comes into play. The boostrap has to strap recovery on every fresh boot because we don't have any permanent solution at this time.

I know it seems odd if you are coming from a device like the Incredible that doesn't need a bootstrap but what you are seeing is perfectly normal for the DX.

GMB

4. rrwantr

rrwantr Member This Topic's Starter

So it shouldn't do it every time? Just randomly? Cuz things seem to be working but every once in a while when I shut the phone off and turn it back on it goes to the recovery screen...if that's normal it's cool..just making sure

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I can't tell you the intimate details of how it works because I don't fully know. All I know is that mine has done this randomly, no matter what ROM I am on, since I got the DX. Bootstrap is designed to strap on every boot and I think when it boots to recovery like that the strap just happened a little prematurely. That would be my best guess anyways.

I know I asked the same thing when I came to the DroidX from the Incredible and I was told it was a normal occurance. That is my take on why it happens.

GMB