Booting Issue [HELP!]

Last Updated:

1. Danknee05

Danknee05 New Member

So, I've had my Android HTC Evo V 4G for a while now, and I unlocked it. Then I rooted it with a stock ROM. It was the normal ROM, just with Superuser. Today I found a different ROM I wanted to use so I installed AlienDroid. It takes forever to boot up, and after the "loading" gets done, all I get is a black screen. Help?

2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Hi Danknee05,

I am moving this thread to the Evo V all things root section so that you can get the appropriate help.

I can tell you though, what the problem is. That rom requires a lower hboot version. You are on the stock 1.57 hboot and you need to downgrade that before you can flash that rom or any AOSP rom.

You cannot downgrade your hboot without first getting s-off via the wire trick. More on that here: Unlimited.IO

Unless you take that step and go s-off, you are pretty much stuck using stock based ice cream sandwich roms. Those are the roms compatible with your hboot.

As for getting booted back up, did you make a nandroid backup in your recovery that you can restore? That would be the easiest thing to do. If not, we will go from there.
    remanifest likes this.
  3. remanifest

remanifest Well-Known Member

Brian is correct... if you want to perform S-OFF and you're using Windows, my guide will work fine for that, since no longer supports Windows.