• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Booting perpetually loops and everything else is slooooooooooooow

buttlord666

Lurker
Mar 15, 2013
I looked around the troubleshooting forum and couldn't find anything like this, so I guess my only alternative is to post it.

So as of yesterday my phone started freezing up for a bit, and if I tapped the screen it would have a huge delay and everything would stack up and open all at once after the little lag spike. It also seems to press things on its own while I'm doing something like scrolling through a menu. Sometimes it'll go into a menu and then hitting the back button will do the back animation but go to the exact same page. It's preeeety annoying and it renders my phone unusable, so I tried to restart it. A couple hours ago I could (very slowly) get it to boot, but now it just really slowly Goes to the Samsung logo, then sits on the Galaxy S screen for like 30 mins, plays the Sprint animation and sound (very choppy and slow), then goes back to the Galaxy S.

I've already tried doing a factory reset using the Vol Down + Camera + Power thing, and a cache reset as well. I can still get into that Vol + Camera + Power menu. I can also get into download mode, but I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with that. If I plug my phone into my computer while in download mode, it detects a phone or something but lacks the drivers to deal with it. Does anyone have any ideas of whats causing this and how I can fix it? It's really annoying.

EDIT: Sometimes while its at the Galaxy S screen it plays a beep and vibrates.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones