• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader Bypassing: Loki ported to LG Lucid 2

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Ok, well as most of you barely post in your own forum (I'm being honest here), you may want to take advantage of loki.

What is loki?

It's something Dan Rosenberg wrote(the guy who rooted the LG Spirit, unlocked the Motorolla phones based on msm8960 processor, and rooted a ton of other phones). It was originally made for The Samsung Galaxy S4 for the AT&T and Verizon variants because those phones have locked bootloaders. What it does is bypass the bootloader by telling the aboot (bootloader)to check elsewhere for the boot.img's signature and then boots the phone (something like that) (signature is what keeps your device from getting a security error, if you were to flash boot.img that doesn't have LG's signed key or patched with loki, you would have gotten a security error and would need to unbrick).

This loki patches recovery.img and boot.img so now you can have custom kernels and recoveries.

Source: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki

Good luck. :) This is your way to custom recovery and kernels.

You're lucky the phone is supported. Please use it to your advantage.

Once you have a custom kernel and recovery, you will never have to worry about what apps you delete ever again.

If you would like to donate to drjrbliss for porting loki, please do so here:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0

Edit: you must be on the old firmware (VS87010a) to use loki and to flash loki.

So i put the patch just as if I would b un bricking my phone?

What? No. First you gotta try unbricking your phone. Follow the thread directions i linked you. The only thing you change is the firnware you are using. There are no patches. Loki you will try later after we know u are able to unbrick.

Unrelated to unbricking: Do you know how to use adb?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones