• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader Bypassing: Loki ported to LG Lucid 2

Meh no biggie. Just wanted to try and make them a loki'd touch recovery. Graphics.c is optional. Just wanted to include it just in case of the pink recovery graphics.

No prob. I'll still be able to make them a loki'd insecure custom kernel. Then they can go bananas debloating with no worries. lol

this may be holy necro, but i fixed the pink graphics without graphics.c, I have cwm working.

Upvote 0
Hello guys. I have a P875h, (Optimus F5). As I read this and the Lucid are very close, or even the same, hardware.
So, for me to flash GameTheory rom I only need to mind the baseband img, right?
I should extract that from my current rom(stock) and flash after flashing Lucidian rom?
Thankx for any insight.

You can try it, but you may end up bootlooped or soft-bricked.

Is that the Brazilian F5?
What recovery are you using (post the link)?
What is your carrier?

Upvote 0
Yes, BR one. It's a Claro. I am still to flash the CW as second recovery. Or try to compile one and use the LOKI on it.
Studying to compile a CW recovery I ended up sidetracked, there are lots to read.
AND the builder server for Cyanogen ain't working ...

Koush turned off the jenkins job for the recovery builder because he doesnt care anymore.

I can build cwm for your device. as you can see ive built it for our lucid 2.
But you need to dump all the partitions to the sdcard as imgs and upload them to a place like mega or google drive.

You also have to send the aboot.img to djrbliss for him to add loki support like gt said.

to dump the aboot partiton to the sdcard do the following over adb or the terminal app on your phone.
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm.sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot.img

Reactions: Rawz
Upvote 0
Hey, thankx guys. LOKI already support the P875h. I got the imgs. Will put on GDrive and get back here.

Here are the IMGs for the partitions on the P875h.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9cv9ABLk1R4ZExMMVVzRzBvS0k/edit?usp=sharing

I have almost all that is needed for a CM10 compile, as described on the CyanogenMod Wiki.
But that BIN files part is still beyond me (blobs).
As I understand right, these are binaries with proprietary software, so won't find sources for those, and need to have it so the ROM is complete. But where, how to extract these from the current phone?!
I do have the stock ROM in a cab file (extracted from the KDZ).
I do have the sources from LG for this phone.
Should I be able to compile a CWM from source without these BIN files, so I pass loki on it?

Thankx for the help guys!

Reactions: lgrootnoob
Upvote 0
Guys, I have a question for you.
On the recovery you got for Lucid2, do you get a Command: "recovery" "--wipe_data" every time you boot onto it?
I can't get rid of it! Zeroing misc does not work when I boot into my built cwm (not working right, I have no lcd).
Another one, do you guys have a partition named laf on Lucid2?

Thankx!

You had to wipe the misc partition on boot with postrecoveryboot.sh as i found in a bug report on github for another device. See my implementation http://androidforums.com/lucid-2-all-things-root/871659-unofficial-cwm-6-0-5-1-stable.html
But WHY are you trying tk port cwm when i already ported it ?!?! We need cm11 brah! Check my github, kernel images and binaries goes in Desktop/Tools and Parts folder
Kernel source goes in kernel/lge/lv1 of the source code which is at Desktop/cyan
And the device tree is pretty straightforward. Meaning it goes at device/lge/l1v
Conpile with
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
Lunch 11
Make -j16 recoveryimage
Then merge the recpvery image and kernel zimage into the 78-recovery.img loki it with the aboot
Then flash to device. I have a build script, but its at my other house right now, so sorry.
Here is my github https://github.com/lgrootnoob?tab=repositories
Since you can tell i already have cwm taken care of, can you either a) get cm11 booting? Or b) patch up the kernel some, start by reverting my bringup commit then patch with the incremental patch from kernel.org? Or c) finish twrp porting which boots but has no mounts.
Or d) finish up my init rc mods to finally either bind mount the sdcard to a different location or figure out how to mount the sdcard with media_rw group as data is loop mounted in initrc before proper sd mount.
Please note which nranch you are compiling with when you build. Master for external data img mounting, twrptest for nothing, and internal for mounting of the internal data partition.

This is how to get the boot img for the kernel packaged up to be lokied. Assuming you are capable of modifying the arguments properly.
mkbootimg --kernel ../modded/zImage --ramdisk initramfs.cpio.gz --ramdisk_offset 0x02000000 --base 0x80200000 --cmdline 'console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=l1v lpj=67667' -o new_boot.img

Reactions: Rawz
Upvote 0
Thankx lgrootnoob.

I am porting it for Lucid2's cousin, the Optimus F5 here in Brazil. (P875h)
I hit a wall as my CWM boots but does not init the display (or something like that). No UI shows.
I have adb responsive, the partitions mount (so I believe kernel is loading), but something is wrong with LCD on.

I need the output of several commands on the device:
Code:
mount
cat /etc/fstab
cat /proc/kmsg
dmesg
You can redirect the commands to a file with "adb command >> command.txt"

Now on your desktop, i need the output of the history command, and i need your full device tree folder (preferably on github).
history >> history.txt

Please upload all of that to mega.co.nz, github, pastebin, or google drive.

Upvote 0
I need the output of several commands on the device:
Code:
mount
cat /etc/fstab
cat /proc/kmsg
dmesg
You can redirect the commands to a file with "adb command >> command.txt"

Now on your desktop, i need the output of the history command, and i need your full device tree folder (preferably on github).
history >> history.txt

Please upload all of that to mega.co.nz, github, pastebin, or google drive.

Hey, the files are on the other post, here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones