• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader goes straight to hboot

Hilbz

Lurker
Feb 5, 2013
Hi guys!

So i just rooted my phone last night/flashed cyangenmod which worked great.

This morning I tried to flash the godspeed 1.2mhz rom using the rom manager.

My steps were:
Flash clockwork recovery ->
Download Rom
Using rom manager - > Reboot and Install
Phone rebooted, installed in clockwork then went to the white htx starting screen for about 15 minutes
restarted phone, same result
restarted in recovery (not clockworkmod)
At this point I cannot select anything and my phone goes straight into Hboot loading PC10IMG.zip which gets to loading nv.img and then stops

Any suggestions?

Hi guys!

So i just rooted my phone last night/flashed cyangenmod which worked great.

This morning I tried to flash the godspeed 1.2mhz rom using the rom manager.

My steps were:
Flash clockwork recovery ->
Download Rom
Using rom manager - > Reboot and Install
Phone rebooted, installed in clockwork then went to the white htx starting screen for about 15 minutes
restarted phone, same result
restarted in recovery (not clockworkmod)
At this point I cannot select anything and my phone goes straight into Hboot loading PC10IMG.zip which gets to loading nv.img and then stops

Any suggestions?

FIXED:

I was able to get to clockwork recovery using a little trick and thought others who may experience this problem will find it helpful.

The problem was that when the sdcard was in bootloader it would go straight to fastboot and try to install the pc10img.zip which was not working properly.

I found that If I removed the sdcard from the phone I could boot into CWR no problem, but then I couldnt factory reset/flash cyanmodgen.

So...

1. I took the sdcard and put it in the slot, but did not lock it in place so it was still loose and not touching the connectors.

2. I held the battery on an angle so that it was touching the connectors, but was not pushing the sdcard down (yet)

3. I booted the phone while carefully holding the battery at the same angle as to not lose connection, and not push the sdcard in.

4. Once I got to the bootloader, I selected "Recovery" at which point I could push the battery fully into place, and in turn push the sdcard into place.

5. I could then factory reset/flash cyanogen mod from the CWR.

Goodluck to anyone else who has this problem!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones