BOOTLOADER Unlock PetitionGeneral

1. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If anyone here would like to sign the on-line petition to MOTOROLA requesting that the PHOTON & other smartphones be unlocked,as earlier promised by the 2nd half of 2011,visit the related article in the 1/4/12 edition of PHANDROID NEWS for the link.

Advertisement
  2. askdjhf

askdjhf Member

Why didn't you just give the link? I couldn't fin that post!!
  3. KOLIO

It's a little late asking about it now, isn't it?

Besides, if you check some more recent posts in the PHOTON forum, you'll find plenty of places & links to voice your displeasure.

Good luck to you & everyone who has had to deal w/MOTOROLA & the locked down phones stuck on GINGERBREAD.
  4. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Wow, I totally forgot about this. Motorola was supposed to start offering an unlock tool, much like what HTC did with HTCDev.com, after everyone made a stink about locked bootloaders. Why am I not surprised they broke this promise, too? ;)
    Mkritzell and KOLIO like this.
  5. ljbad4life

ljbad4life Well-Known Member

Their is a prevailing theory that Moto Borked the bootloader in the last update it and had to lock it. Yup Moto was supposed to start unlocking the bootloader, but the photon shipped with an unlocked bootloader and it was locked in 2.3.5 (correct me if I'm wrong)
  6. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

It was never really unlocked. You always had to go in and unlock it using one of the techniques used over on XDA. Big problem now is there is no known way to unlock it yourself.
  7. KOLIO

^^^^^
    This +
    Unlocking the bootloader breaks 4G,not cool being left w/a damned if you do-damned if you don't decision to make.

Oh, what potential this phone had @ one time...........