Bootloader unlock

1. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

So when I type in the following (from Sony's site)

Instructions

First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
    In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

mine says no.

Does this mean I won't be able to unlock my bootloader at all and thus not be able to root?

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

mine says yes
  4. Del1701

Del1701 Well-Known Member

jaseuk likes this.
  5. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Anyone know if an "un-unlockable" boot loader can be unlocked yet?
  6. Del1701

As far as I know it's not possible yet, but I'm sure the guys at xda are working on it ;)
  7. adem ozer

adem ozer New Member

i have an xperia s and i unlocked bootloader, so what do i do now im lost ... is it rooted now , im new to this root thing and im so confused
  8. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Really? How did you do that?

No, I believe there would be further steps required to gain root.
  9. luckyguy11

luckyguy11 Member

Hi ... sorry as am new in this world of android as I switch from iOS to Android ...

If I unlock my bootloader, does my Firmware 6.0.A.3.75 will still remain on my Xperia S or do I need to restore it again. As what I understand is ... everything on the memory will be wipeout except for the SD Card. What are files do I need to make it ready before Unlocking my BootLoader? I would appreciate if someone could give me the correct files that I need to restore and real step by step procedure on how to restore. Awaiting for real procedure. Tnx in advance
  10. Del1701

Your firmware stays intact but you will lose your data ie contacts messages ect so make sure you back up first;)
    luckyguy11 likes this.
  11. Del1701

Head over to xda for a complete guide ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23188260
  12. luckyguy11

luckyguy11 Member

The important thing is back-up the personal data ... so long as the firmware will stay intact ... I will try to unlock my BootLoader ...

This Unlock of BootLoader and Rooting are both of them same or different ... coz in iOS ... Unlock and Jailbreak are different ... need to jailbreak first before you can Unlock the Baseband ...
  13. Del1701

They are two seperate things, you need to unlock your bootloader to be able to then root your phone with either a prerooted system image or a rooted kernel ie doomlords kernel. Both of these can only be flashed once you have unlocked your bootloader ;)
    Tyseyh likes this.
  14. luckyguy11

luckyguy11 Member

now I know the difference between bootloader and root ...

yesterday had successfully flash the prerooted .75 on my unlock bootloader Xperia S LT26i ... but I cannot paste or copy a file on the system ... all failure ... am using the ES File Explorer ... any other suggestion (File Explorer) that I can use on my device? :D

Am trying to shift from Power Button to the Volume UP for screen unlock ...
  15. Del1701

I always used root explorer
    luckyguy11 likes this.
  16. luckyguy11

luckyguy11 Member

Nice tip ... now had manage to shift from Power Button to Volume UP to Unlock the Screen ... :)
  17. Del1701

Glad it worked ;)
  18. luckyguy11

luckyguy11 Member

Now am using the ICS 452 (Android version 4.0.4 / build no. 6.1.0.452) ... nice Xperia S LT26i .. I think am gonna love this device ...
  19. Del1701

Yep same here ;) just hope an easy root method comes out now as I don't really fancy unlocking my bootloader
  20. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

when i go to unlock my bootloader it says my EMEI number is too long. I checked it by dialing *#06# and it is 1 number too long. :S
  21. Del1701

I don't think you use the first digit of your imei

Let me just go check ;)

Edit....... Just checked on xda on DoomLords sticky, he says that sometimes you don't need to enter the last digit of your imei.

Lucky I checked that lol
  22. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Aye I found out after posting here. Will keep the info here, I can imagine it being handy