• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader Untocker

I found out that SE allow you to unlock the bootloader of the Xperia Pro. I was considering doing it. Has any one used the official unlocker yet.

Unlocking the boot loader | unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com

I tried and it didn't work because my phone is locked down by Fido (the Canadian carrier who has the phone). But try it and see what happens. You won't break your phone.

If your phone is like mine and the official tool doesn't work, you have to get someone to unlock it for you remotely using SETool, which has a fee per use AND requires a special security USB dongle.

Fortunately there's someone on XDA who can do it remotely for you for a small fee just to cover his costs. All you have to do is plugin/unplug from the computer, and hold a paperclip to a testpin on the phone to ground it...very very easy. This guy will do the rest of the software side for you. He's great :)
Took me all of 5 minutes to unlock my bootloader with his help.
Here's the link:
[How-to][Remote Support] Bootloader Unlocking / No Signal Fix for Locked NEO/ARC/PRO - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones