• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootlogo?

which one the one that says Lg? if so i heard stories of staying away from it does more harm than anything else, but boot animation yes too simple to change.

I can't remember the details of the LG logo but I know that no one has actually tried it because everyone is scared basically. I think once you take the files out you cant put them back. Doesn't bother me so It damn sure aint worth it. lol

Boot ani though is too simple. Located in system/media. Copy and paste. Done. Just make sure the zip file is named bootanimation

Upvote 0
Seeing as how Android is open... don't you think it will super easy to download/install a ridiculous amount of games to your phone? Think about how many simple flash games are out there.

Will android users immediately have a huge pool of mobile games to choose from or do these developers have to design games specifically for Android?

Alright ill test out the bootlogo lol

Upvote 0
what the....? who did he quote? i dont see that person in this thread at all and hes talking about games? looool phail!!! anyways back to topic yea i think it was pg that said once its buried deep in system folder but i gotta admit im also scared to even tinker with it cuz the way i see it if no one even bothered with it im sure its for a good reason lol

Upvote 0
what the....? who did he quote? i dont see that person in this thread at all and hes talking about games? looool phail!!! anyways back to topic yea i think it was pg that said once its buried deep in system folder but i gotta admit im also scared to even tinker with it cuz the way i see it if no one even bothered with it im sure its for a good reason lol

Tapatalk fail ahaha done it to me before. By the way that's Rob the Site owner

Upvote 0
There's a reason why everyone's stayed away from it, if you messed up even a little bit, there's probably nothing you can do to fix it. You won't be able to boot into recovery, since it flashes the LG logo before booting anything, and I doubt ADB will read because it won't be able to boot. Maybe you'll get lucky and be put in fastboot, I'm sure you can still use ADB from there, but do you really want to take that risk?

Reactions: n4zty
Upvote 0
There's a reason why everyone's stayed away from it, if you messed up even a little bit, there's probably nothing you can do to fix it. You won't be able to boot into recovery, since it flashes the LG logo before booting anything, and I doubt ADB will read because it won't be able to boot. Maybe you'll get lucky and be put in fastboot, I'm sure you can still use ADB from there, but do you really want to take that risk?
Its good to try on a esteem that has it's esn blacklisted :D

Upvote 0
PG's Esteem that just broke would be a good tester being that we bought him the new one. He got the old one to boot I think.

Well if you can convince someone to do it, that's great. My information may be incorrect, but I think I read a while ago that the boot splash is either part of the kernel or boot.img
That was when I was trying to figure out how to change the Ascend's boot splash, but I think it should be the same for most/all androids.

Upvote 0
You gotta unpack the boot.img and replace the ini. Something. Rel image and thaan repack it. I think.
there's no repacking only convert edit convert if ya go to root explorer or Android commander u will see an open folder called bootimages. It has like 20 files in it I stayed up late last night chilling with PG and shabby they both told me it's safe to mess with it and there's no way to brick your phone worst case scenario u won't see the lg splash screen but still boots up to boot animation. Now I ain't home yet but PG sent me a link with a rut that I'll share with u guys I'll be home in a few and I'll post it in the mean while this is what u should look for
ae8dd06c-d251-0eff.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it possible to change it?
it's very dangerous and risky since we have no access to fastboot.. (fastboot is like the final emergency life saver for your device where you can manually re-flash recovery.img, boot.img files etc.. incase you ever broke boot or recovery)

the image files are not located in the system folder but in another directory found in the device itself, also they are in boot.img, but they only install to the device the very first time it was ever turned on and will not be replaced again by the boot.img, you must manually push them into the proper device directory, and if the images you put in are not the right size, format, resolution etc.. than you will be screwed without fastboot access lol

literally be holding a brick in your hand lol

there are far more risks than what i listed here, this is just to give you a general idea of why NOT to do it lol

Upvote 0
All devices arent the same. Samsung def does it differently and I think HTC does too.

And yes, you have to unpack the boot.img and its the .rle's that are the bootlogo and charger images.

you can create a .png on windows or linux, but you have to compile it to a .rle in linux. ;)
wait so they can be replaced with boot.img? i tried it before (with an HTC) (and also minimal experience lol) and it changed nothing.. just stuck me with the same one i had already.. the only way i successfully changed it was by manually pushing the files to the proper directory..

just in my 1 experience.. you could be right though lol

Upvote 0
ahh well seems i was misinformed last night ....... its all good though... and what am i looking at then if thats not the actual img file. cuz i was told by shabby that there was no way to brick my phone doing this and pg was there so im not sure what to believe now....
well dont quote me on that lol, if what pg said is true than i may be wrong about the whole 'brick' thing.. but it is still very important that the images are in the proper format etc.. I already bricked one esteem so i didn't feel that the boot logo was worth adding another to the list (if that is the case) lol

Upvote 0
All devices arent the same. Samsung def does it differently and I think HTC does too.

And yes, you have to unpack the boot.img and its the .rle's that are the bootlogo and charger images.

you can create a .png on windows or linux, but you have to compile it to a .rle in linux. ;)
lol sorry... i shoulda read all the comments before i started typing my 'smart guy paragraph' lol but it sounded good while i was typing it out :D and possibly saved us from a bunch of 'help me' threads popping up hahahaa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones