• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloop problem

Ok, I think I seriously screwed myself here. My phone is stuck in a bootloop, and I'm unable to boot into recovery mode. When I hold the send, menu, and end buttons the loading animation comes on, but then it flashes to a screen with the little android guy and a ! in a triangle. I made a nandroid backup, copied my SD card contents on to my computer, but I can't get into recovery mode to restore anything.

I was renaming stock apps from my phone, and rebooted to see if it was something I could get rid of. I'm pretty sure I screwed up by renaming Launcher2.apk. I didn't delete the file, just renamed it in the terminal emulator.

Is there any other way to boot the phone into recovery mode, or get there somehow from the boot loop? Or did I completely screwed myself over?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for your help, death. I ended up emailing a friend who had an ally and he showed me how to hard reset the phone, and that ended up doing the trick.

I downloaded the drivers and sdk in case it happens again in the future (stupid stupid stupid!) and I'll shoot you a PM after I get home from work for help with setting things up.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones