BootLoop when conected to laptop with USB ??Support

Last Updated:

1. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone help to explain why I am now getting a bootloop only when connected to my laptop via USB ?

I am rooted.
    Installed Nextheme V.2
    And that is when this started....

I am quite confused.
    TYIA

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Post this in the Nextheme post in the Rooted section, you're not the only one to have this happen.

pman219 likes this.
  3. cam4mav

cam4mav Member

this isn't directly related, but when my phone was connected to my desktop, my desktop would not boot. probably a bios setting on my pc but it was interesting.

how about just don't start the phone with it plugged in?
    im not sure why it would do that other than the hardware tries a different boot cycle when the usb has a responsive connection (not just power)
    but im just guessing

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

The phone is on when it's being plugged in, it then goes into a boot loop.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

This might be related to both cam4mav's and Airmaxx23's problems.

When you have a mass storage device, (flash drives, memory cards, etc) plugged into a computer while it boots, especially when the storage is plugged in via USB, the computer will often, "check," the device. At this moment I can't remember specifically what it checks for, but it has to do with faulty storage or hardware. It may even attempt to correct the errors depending on the motherboard. Some MoBos will permit you to skip the process if you, "press any key," before the timer hits zero. I myself often forget this and leave flash drives plugged into the front USB ports on my PC. I end up having to unplug them before the BIOS checks the HDDs, RAM, etc. to prevent it from taking a good 20min to check my storage devices.

Airmaxx23, If you have your phone plugged in and it won't boot or is going through loops, try removing the memory card if one is present and see if that changes anything. Also, is your phone plugged into the computer while the computer boots? If it is, unplug it, then plug it back in once the operating system begins to load. If it isn't, then plug it in before it loads. Fiddle with it if you must. :p

cam4mav, if your computer won't seem to boot while the device is plugged in, simply unplug it until your operating system begins to load. That should prevent the computer from checking out the device and allow it to simply jump straight to loading the OS.

Hope this helps.