• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] Bootloop whit Sensai ROM

I have installed the Sensai ROM 3.5.0 and it's working fine for 2 weeks(ButteredToast Kernel),today I rebooted my phone and I got a bootloop,I do a restore of my old boot.img and is nothing happened,my question is how to fix my phone whitout losing my personal data?

You can make a backup and.try restoring just the data once the phone is working,but usually doing this will restart the bootloops.

Sorry to say restoring to a working phone without losing your data may not be possible :(

Reactions: karsaidavid
Upvote 0
my phone is HTC EVO 3D (gsm) rooted ,Sensai ROM 3.5 ,4EXT touch recovery(last update) buttered TOast kernel
I tried to install the Pacman rom 4.3 with a full wipe and the instalation is succesful
after I rebooted my phone i see the htc logo->the pacman bootanimation ->and after 10 sec my phone is doing a reboot ,and the same thing again and again
I tried to install the 4.2.2 pacman and same results
after that I tried to install the miui jelly bean rom and same results with this
what is the problem? i can't boot into other rom
(sry for my bad english)

Upvote 0
I moved your post here, to be with your other post, ask all your questions here, if you have a specific question to a specific Rom, that can be asked in the Rom thread if there is one for that Rom, if not simply ask here and we will do our best to help. Will be easier to follow your progress and issues if all is in one place, cheers.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
the roms you are trying may require you to be on an older hboot. read carefully the roms original post and see if any hboot requirements are listed.

hboot downgrade is easy if you are s off,but not possible while s on. in short you need to be s off to change hboot and other firmware :)

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
I have hboot 1.53 S-ON what I can do? I flashed the roms whit 3ext smart flash but it's not working,its possible to install other rom whitout downgrading hboot?

generally speaking,the AOSP roms(not based on stock sense) use the older 1.49 hboot. becasue there were some changes in the file system,the older hboot does not know how to boot roms designed on the newer filesystem,and vice versa. at least not without changing the rom around to accomodate it.

since the jellybean roms are for the most part AOSP based,you may be having trouble booting them with the newer hboot.

this is all speaking generally,as some devs may be basing their roms now on the newest hboots,but im a bit out of touch with available roms,so im not sure.

as i said prior,you can read the original posts of the roms development thread,and try and find a jb rom that will work with your hboot. aside from that,youll need to be s off so you can downgrade to the older hboot when needed.

also make sure that when you are flashing,that you wipe:
-data/factory reset
-cache
-dalvik cache

and it may be worth trying to install the boot image manually,as maybe smart flash is not working quite correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones